Notices

Finally attempt at recovery

Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Finally attempt at recovery

I am finally ready to live a clean life. I am 9 days clean for all opiates and have gone through the worst of the withdrawals still low on energy. I have faith this time. I cut out all my triggers i.e. people who won't stay clean. I'm tired of destroying my family and my life. I wanted to join this for support and to help me continue on the right path. Now that I'm feeling slightly better I think I will start NA meeting to make friends outside of the horrible circle I was involved in. I started it all with dr scripts and it got way out of control. As you know Florida is pill capital of the world. But when that got too expensive I turned to heroin. I realized this wasn't me and after several relapses I have become sick of this addiction ruling. Thanks for listening any advice will be greatly appreciated. On top of all this my boyfriend of 8 years went to jail today for 4 months. I am thankful I have two amazing parents who are here for me and helping me stay clean.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you've made a really good decision for yourself. And, it's great that your parents are there to support you.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you soooo much Anna all the support I can get is so very appreciated! I know this is my last chance since I have drained every other options including my parents. I've always been a very family oriented person that's how I was raised. The hardest thing is forgiving myself for the turmoil I have put everyone through. But I just know I have to stay positive and things will fall back in to place with effort. I'm so glad I found this site to be able to talk with others who have been there and still are. Thank you again!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Wow! Good going!

There's lots of great information here--it's a place to vent and people will give you support--and it's great that you are making a commitment to NA.

Aloha
from the drinking land between the heroin capital of the world and Methford, Oregon!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Originally Posted by Readyforrecover View Post
The hardest thing is forgiving myself for the turmoil I have put everyone through.
...this step is specifically covered in the NA program. You're really on the right course!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

NA will help you. Stick with the winners there.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Readyforrecover x
Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard Readyforrecover

D
Old 09-24-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Haven't posted in forever I'm going on 10 months clean my ex of 8 years passed away august 17th of a heroin overdose Still trying to get through it but I know he wouldnt want me to go back. I live every day stronger for him and I. I pray others see what the evils of addiction can do.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss Ready - I am thrilled to hear you have 10 months tho

a sober life is a great way to honour yourself and the good memories of your ex,

D