Notices

So it's been a while....

Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So it's been a while....

Hi all,

I have not been here for a long while, probably over a year now since i last signed in. I would love to say that since then I have been happily living my life drink free it would however be a lie.

Everything has been crap if I am honest, around 18 months ago I left my job to go self employed as a web designer, which at first started out well and i was very well paid but eventually I began to drink more and earlier in the day which ultimately resulted in sloppy work and time off of months at a time, it's obvious that this did not sit well with my major client and eventually he got sick of my excuses (usually that my partner was unwell, which although true had no effect on my work) and cancelled my contract, effectively making me unemployed.

Now I am back at my previous employer with much the same job as I had before, which I was very very lucky to get due to my past of not turning up to work. But still now I struggle to keep coming in (I'm on a six month probationary period), struggle to get out of bed on a morning and still I struggle with depression.

This last few weeks has been tough just to get through the day, I have my tax return to file by the end of the month which I think will result in a large tax bill, that I cannot pay as I spent all of the money I saved on alcohol, add to that my maxed out credit card (same reason) and additional monies owed for loans and catalogs. Feeling the pressure is an understatement.

Anyway, plan for today is not to drink and I just wanted to air some of my dirty laundry so thanks for listening.

AoS
Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Sounds very similar. I left my employer about 17 months ago to become self-employed. I really think it was to escape from the fact that I was no longer able to do a good job. I did OK for a while based on the fumes of my previous reputation, but then a rapid downward spiral began to occur as my drinking started earlier and earlier each day. I was always aware of the prime cause of my problems and finally experienced enough pain to do something about it. I'm now on day 4.