Codependent No More

Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codependent No More

I bought the book for my Kindle last night and began reading.
I am a hot mess of codependency.. I do everything I shouldn't.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Hi Chloe - It's such a great book. Trust me, we were all a hot mess (lol) at one time. So go easy on yourself. We can only change when we understand then our knowledge becomes our power.

I found it painful and overwhelming at first then exciting. I hope you get excited too when you can see yourself more clearly and start making the needed changes in your thinking.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lol. I sat down with that book and a highlighter. After several TOTALLY yellow pages from highlighting all that applied to me, I laid the highlighter down and just read.

It was a great stepping stone in my recovery and hope it will be the same for you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-14-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did not even realize that I was enabling! Some of the ways we enable appear to us just wanting to help our loved ones, or be kind. It may seem mean and cold hearted to some one not dealing with this disease.

It also took me reading and reading to be serious about not enabling. I have been criticized for my choice not to enable any more so I don't discuss it with many family and friends. It is hard enough to do without being judged for my decision.
(((huggs and blessings for us all)))
Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

In my mind..my first step was awareness, my next step was acceptance and my final step was action, Codependency No More and this board set me on the right path.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've highlighted almost the whole book too. Amazing book!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just bought the workbook online which gives you the ability to highlight and make notes. It also gives you assignments and lessons to work through. I love it and am finding a al help from it.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is a great book! I read it a few years ago and it really helped me a lot! That and two years of counseling. I hope it helps you too!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

This book; Sigh: This book has been my bible for the past few years.. I have read it, reread it and read it some more.. It's highlighted, dog eared. notes in the margin etc... It should be recommended reading for anyone who has/had an addict or alcoholic in their life..

Another good one is Women Who Love Too Much by Robin Norewood.. again another recomended reading for anyone man or woman who struggles with any kind of boundary or attatchment issues..
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
lol. I sat down with that book and a highlighter. After several TOTALLY yellow pages from highlighting all that applied to me, I laid the highlighter down and just read.

It was a great stepping stone in my recovery and hope it will be the same for you.

gentle hugs
ke
Too funny--- I just laughed out loud reading your reply because I did the same exact thing.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just uploaded the kindle app on my iPad and bought the kindle version . I can't wait to read it!