Notices

Ugh!! Sunday nights...

Old 01-14-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ugh!! Sunday nights...

Since my son started middle school, Sunday nights are my worse night for sleep, I know I have to get up at 5:40, and it never fails, I wake up around 2:30-3:00 and that's it, I'm up and can't get back to sleep.

I am trying to make changes here and am looking forward to seeing my primary Dr. this week, because I've had enough! I'm in my early 40's so I'm sure I have some women issues (sorry guys), and I'm just ready!!!

I eat well, exercise, and my rest... if I don't get that, I'm no fun.

Anyway, know that doesn't have much to do with recovery, other than this is my first week back and I just wanted to vent.

Hope you all have a good Monday, it's 6:38, and I'm about ready to leave.

It's just inhumane to get up this early... I WANT MORE SLEEP!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the Dr can help VB

D
Old 01-14-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I could have written your post ver batum.
Sleep and lack of was my biggest trigger to drink, you can just read my morning post in whiners
Old 01-14-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Your doctor will be able to help you. Just be honest and let them be the experts!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh dear, I totally feel for you. I have difficulty sleeping every Sunday night, usually due to anxiety over the upcoming week at work.
Hopefully, the doctor can help. I find that reading when I wake up helps me calm my mind down enough to fall back to sleep much more quickly.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I try watching TV, and snuggling helps, but by the time my Honey wakes up, I'm ready to fall back to sleep, but it's time to get up. Yep! Looking forward to seeing him this Thursday.

And lilac, that's totally it, I work full time, and I'm actually on break from school right now which I usually have that going on, plus just coming back from the holidays. I think I've just had enough.

Thanks all!!

At the office and ready to go!!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fandy View Post
i could have written your post ver batum.
Sleep and lack of was my biggest trigger to drink, you can just read my morning post in whiners
no drinking!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
Since my son started middle school, Sunday nights are my worse night for sleep, I know I have to get up at 5:40, and it never fails, I wake up around 2:30-3:00 and that's it, I'm up and can't get back to sleep.

I am trying to make changes here and am looking forward to seeing my primary Dr. this week, because I've had enough! I'm in my early 40's so I'm sure I have some women issues (sorry guys), and I'm just ready!!!

I eat well, exercise, and my rest... if I don't get that, I'm no fun.

Anyway, know that doesn't have much to do with recovery, other than this is my first week back and I just wanted to vent.

Hope you all have a good Monday, it's 6:38, and I'm about ready to leave.

It's just inhumane to get up this early... I WANT MORE SLEEP!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
Vegi....I hate Sunday nights....much like yourself....im chock full of anxiety for the upcoming week....even last night a took a Sominex before bed to lull me to sleep and it did nothing except to make me groggy so here I sit at work and I could just doze off....I really want the sleep issues to just go away!! Hope your all having a good Monday....

Pauly
Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

My anxiety is gone. My Sunday anxiety doesn't exist now.

My cat seems to think my lap is cool to sit on, so she'll jump aboard any time she wants, which is kinda cool as she was once scared of me when drunk (when I got her). And ya know what? I don't even jump when she randomly jumps aboard! Now that is change!!

I wish you well on your sober journey!