Notices

Day 7 came and went....

Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7 came and went....

Hello,

Alcoholic here....

My day 7 came and went. My wife and I opened up conversation again after not talking since my last drunk. We have not talked about my drinking or my plan to stop drinking. I just wanted us to be civil to each other.

Last week at this time I was passed out in my bathroom after drinking myself into a blackout. At this time last week my wife and son were probably scared out of the wits worrying about what might happen if i wake up...... I never want to do this to them or myself again.

Staying sober!

Gall
Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by gall1972 View Post
Hello,

Alcoholic here....

My day 7 came and went. My wife and I opened up conversation again after not talking since my last drunk. We have not talked about my drinking or my plan to stop drinking. I just wanted us to be civil to each other.

Last week at this time I was passed out in my bathroom after drinking myself into a blackout. At time last week my wife and son were probably scared out of the wits worrying about what might happen if i wake up...... I never want to do this to them or myself again.

Staying sober!

Gall
Congrats, day 7 here as well..was hoping to see you yet tonight. Glad you were able to start talking with your wife again even if just briefly. Amazing what just a week can do!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Same to you. I hope you are doing well....

It is amazing what a week can do.

And its really amazing what a night of drinking can cause in your life versus not having a night of drinking.....

Take care everyone!

Gall
Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Choices!

Hello Gall.....we're glad you're here. A big congrats on your choice to not drink for seven days. The process of self discovery through our choices is a beautiful and powerful tool.

Choices :-)

Love

CS
Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congrats on day 7 my friend
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Gall whats the long term plan for sobriety? I think that you said you may have been an alcoholic from a young age. I strongly recommend you have some sort of plan for the long hall. Any idea what that might be?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Gall

D
Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Right now my plan is to "belong" to this forum. I also want to talk with a counselor.

I would love to join an AA group and have a home group. I work swing shifts and AA meetings just didnt seem to fit. I would go to a meeting one week and then not be able to go again to the same meeting for 3 weeks. I know I can go to different ones during each day of the week BUT I really want to be a regular at a meeting. I guess I could be a regular at a bunch of different meetings.....

But ultimately I need to stick to the basics. That is not taking the first drink and this is done by not buying beer. I never went to the bars. So I need to stop myself from going to the beer store no matter what...

Staying sober one day at a time over and over again!

Gall
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Good, I’m glad you are thinking about this longer term. This is a good place to get support. A counselor may be a good thing, as would AA, even if you go to a lot of different meetings. In fact it’s a good thing to lots of different ones in the beginning, just to see which ones might be more suitable. All the best to you.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i'm beginning to feel like the little boy who cried wolf. that aside, i'm tapering today and tomorrow and then done again. i'll be here at SR and in chat, spending time with sober friends when i can. i've also made a therapy appointment for a week from today.

i'm so inspired by both those of you who are holding your ground, and others, like me, who are still trying to get some traction and make a go of it. love to all of us....
Old 01-20-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Stillhere, just thinking about you. I hope all is well.