Notices

I'm crafty

Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm crafty

Hello fine folks!

For those who have been on the boards for awhile, you may remember that I taught myself how to make gourmet cupcakes during my last stint at sobriety. This time around (the last time I hope), I am learning collage.

This is what I do between family and meetings. Better than consuming my body weight in wine. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
small coffee mug.JPG (41.7 KB, 66 views)
Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

nice work C4G

D
Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry, but I couldn't get this out of my head when I saw your post...

Beastie Boys Shes Crafty - YouTube

Nice collages x
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
I'm really sorry, but I couldn't get this out of my head when I saw your post...

Beastie Boys Shes Crafty - YouTube

Nice collages x
I am laughing. I was actually going to title this, "I'm crafty, like ice is cold," but didn't think people would get the reference. :-)
Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very nice C4G!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love them. How do you do that and what supplies are involved?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am crafty too, and love that! Something I have never done. I make beaded jewelry, mostly, but dabble in other things as the mood strikes me, or as my kids get interested, like paper crafting, stamping, soap making, and I am a baker.

It is a great distraction!

I would also love to hear how you did that!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very nice!

I'm quite similar - when I got sober, I took up baking! I don't bake so much now, but in the beginning I was baking 3 cakes a week (at least!) - lots of fun and great therapy.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
I love them. How do you do that and what supplies are involved?
Super easy and cheap. Takes a lot of time though. I use card stock paper, wooden panels, and a miracle product called Mod Podge to glue it all down. Caution, if you get mod podge in your hair, you will have the same hair style for a week.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
very nice, Change! You are crafty like ice is cold LOL

rochele, do you do cold process soaping? I have done that for about 15 years now.

Redneckrecovery just posted about learning to do pottery.

It is believed that the creative process can cause the brain to release endorphins. I know for me, when I'm making things...creating...I can easily get lost in the activity and feel very good and immersed.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Love crafty items. I quilt, sew, bake, some beading, and I paint my container gardening containers.
Each year I make quilted Christmas cards. I have to start them in the spring as they are labor intensive and I do them assembly line style.
It is good for us, keeps our hands and mind busy, and helps reduce temptations. I am also a food-aholic. No foods in my sewing room. None, period.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

soberlicious, no, not cold process, just the melt and pour, but we do some pretty fun things with it. adding textures, other chunks of color, oats, essential oils, etc... My daughter would give them for party favors or Valentine favors, gifts, etc...

I could get into more complex crafts, but do not have dedicated space in my home! I want to learn to make my own glass beads. I buy very nice beads made by artists for my beading and would love to try it.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

lol been there with Mod Podge in the hair...

For all you crafty people, if you haven't already, discover Pinterest / Home
It's actually great for anyone for ideas about everything under the sun. If you need a time filler, this is the ultimate. Warning: can be addictive!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Yeah, cold process is not for kids that's for sure. I love the process though, it dates back to the ancient Greeks and is a combination of science and art. I love it!

Glass beads would be so fun to make!! Glass beadwork dates back several thousands years too. Do you have a community art center in your area? Often they have classes for this kind of thing, then you don't have to invest in the $ or space. But yeah...any craft that involves using a blowtorch is right up my alley LOL I love to solder too...