Notices

Friday night, sober day 22

Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday night, sober day 22

On Friday night I went to see a band with Mrs. Brazzaville.

I was watching the other drinkers - most only had one or two drinks - something which would be impossible for me. I still don't understand what "normies" get after one or two...for me it always felt like "unfinished business" to drink normally

About halfway through the gig, a v drunk guy in his 30s came in and made a complete tw*t of himself. Firstly he was dancing on his own in front of the band. Then he went round all the tables high fiving everyone, even sitting down on peoples knees. The waiter had a quiet word with him...but soon he was up on the stage with the band, lurching around and trying to grab the mike. Again, the waiter tried to get him off the stage. Presently, two of the WIDEST and STOCKIEST fellows I have ever seen appeared from a door behind the bar and headed purposefully towards the stage... This seemed to do the trick - the guy clambered down from the stage and was immediately forgmarched out of the club.

I've never done anything like that when I was drunk, but so many times I have refused to acknowledge I was doing something stupid under the influence of alcohol - drink driving, drinking more and more, drinking with a hangover, being so hung over I was missing appointments. My behaviour was no better than his, and arguably less entertaining to bystanders

I drove home sober after the club and was not hungover yesterday. I wonder how he felt, or even if he can remember what happened? He looked like a normal joe, out for a few drinks on a Friday night...
Old 01-13-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on day 22 brazzaville

D
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Congrats on day 22 and getting through a night out.

It is amazing what a booze can do to a person. Seeing it in action while you're sober is sobering for sure!