Notices

Cant direct my energy

Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Huh?

Cant direct my energy

I have all this energy after quitting, obviously, yet i still can't seem to harness it. The house is still nasty and in disarray. So frustrating.

Also, nights have always been depressing to me, even before i started drinking heavily.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found it was good to break my to do list down to pretty simple tasks for a while HereIam.

steady as she goes I think

D
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Take it easy on yourself. Don't clean "the house" all at once. Clean one little thing that will make you happy or improve your well-being. Then, take a break from cleaning for a while.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The night time affects me completely differently during the day too - definitely the time when my demons make their appearance. I want to try to get into a schedule of going to sleep early and waking up early...only problem being that I can never seem to fall asleep early and end up just laying there.

The best advice I have is to burn off energy by exercising during the day and don't have any caffeine after late morning/noon. One of the best ways to dissipate a racing mind at night time is to read a novel, just make sure its a good one. I always check the reviews on amazon before I start one. It forces you to concentrate and can grab your attention away from other things if it is enjoyable to you. I loved the book of Life of Pi, albeit a slow start, it was borderline life changing to me. If you haven't seen the movie yet - just a suggestion.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My house needs work. I give myself one task for the day. If I take on too many I start and never actually finish. So just one at a time. If I want to take on another one after I am done that's ok. I feel so good when I have straightened out a mess I had been staring at for months when I was drunk.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

It all takes time, go easy on yourself. One step at a time.