Notices

Still going strong since August 2012

Old 01-12-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still going strong since August 2012

Have not been here for a while. Still no alcohol......since 30 August 2012. Was drinking everyday min 7 US pints beer day on a really 'good´ day 12 to 14 pints Cooking at home could knock back a bottle of wine, then beer. Getting up a 3am, thirsty knock back a beer.

Last week I received a late Xmas present of a mini bottle of vodka, no urge to drink it at all. Visited my family at Christmas comments about weight loss, hair and skin, all positive. Though I have been a bit lazy last month or so.......still beats drinking.

Still recall first weekend sober, alone, going cold turkey. Doubt I would have done it with out reading so much on SR that weekend....both the positive and the negative experiences.

I am really pleased that I am getting my life back and that I have been given the chance to escape from alcohol and I plan to keep the 'mental' distance (physical distance is not aproblem) from alcohol as far away as possible because I do not want to feel like that person ever again. Even more important I have been given the oportunity to give my family the life they deserve.

Best thing is waking up in morning.......the bed covers feel different. Can look myself in the mírror again and not feel ashamed and such a fake with low self esteem from what I had become. Sometimes I cannot believe how I actully found the time to drink, how I planned my life around it, how I would panic if I had nothing to drink at home.

So thanks SR and all the people who write stuff here it has helped and still helps.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi,

Congratulations!! My sober date is August 20 so I relate hugely to what you are saying as well as the amount you were drinking. You are welcome to come join our Class of August 2012 thread!

Thanks
Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations dejvice! Brilliant work - keep it up

From another fellow Augustinian x
Old 01-12-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your ongoing sobriety!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dejvice, that is fabulous. Thanks for letting us know the good news.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Dejvice

D