Notices

Start again (sigh)

Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Start again (sigh)

Hi, I did two days sober after New Years Eve but then relapsed totally - 1.5-2 bottles of wine a night. I have now started work again and have terrible anxiety in meetings and the feeling that I am 'detached' from things going on around me. Hopefully, tonight I can start my sobriety again - I have a work trip abroad shortly and have got to stay on top of things. I just want to be happy and healthy an know that alcohol will ruin all that. I have a great life so why am I dong this ?? It makes no sense :-(
Old 01-12-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What changes in your life are you making to stay sober and what are your plans to achieve sobriety?

Hoping for sobriety is useless without action.

You ask why you do it? Have you accepted that you are an addict?

If the answer is yeah, then you likely have the answer.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, I'm recently back after having almost five years. I totally know how you feel, and the drinking will ruin everything, I've been down that road...

I wish you the best in the next couple of days. Once you can get through a few days, I know your mind will be more clear. Hang in there. :ghug3
Old 01-12-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I remember when not having a drink again seemed like the most abhorent idea. On the morning of sept 3rd 2011 my whole head changed to where never having another drink ever again even if i get re-incarnated seemed like such a wonderful beautiful dream , i've decided to stick with it , living the dream .

I hope you live the dream ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-12-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i have been there as well... are you able to accept or willing to consider that you are not a failure?? lets look at it this way : instead of beating up ourselves that we fell.. lets rejoice in the fact that we are given a chance to get back up and try again..

we believe in you...