Relationships and AA? BF left me without reason..

Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relationships and AA? BF left me without reason..

To say the story in short me and my bf were perfect couple and planned our future together. He was very mad about and he was adicted to me.He used to say getting close physically and this kind of addiction was really not good for him as he didnt even complete a year in AA. All of a sudden he started behaving weird and broke up with me. I am not sure what happened. He said it was about him and not about me and his parents didnt approve our relationship.He started telling some craps and unfriended me in FB too. He totally cut off my contact and never used to attend my calls. Its been months now I called him up and asked him he said he didnt love me and was just flirting with me and also said he got some girl as timepass to flirt.. Every time he is saying something different which confuses me..I am depressed and worried! Why should a guy leave a girl who he was crazy in love with all of a sudden! I tried asking him whether it is due to AA if so i am ready to wait till he is ready but he replied not because of that. I totally cut off his contact too but it is really hard to move on. I tried talking to him again but now he is replying well. I dont want to let him go. Is it a good idea to talk to him? Well it is easy to say he doesnt like me anymore and move on. But we were so much in love the very next day we brokeup.Not even any indication of that..... So please help me.. Any suggestions.....? Now he is sober 1 year and an active member of AA.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you not been through enough pain over this confused girl? Do you need to go back there again? Why do this to yourself? You are looking for something from him he is incapble of giving you.

Originally Posted by Confusedgirl14 View Post
To say the story in short me and my bf were perfect couple and planned our future together. He was very mad about and he was adicted to me.He used to say getting close physically and this kind of addiction was really not good for him as he didnt even complete a year in AA. All of a sudden he started behaving weird and broke up with me. I am not sure what happened. He said it was about him and not about me and his parents didnt approve our relationship.He started telling some craps and unfriended me in FB too. He totally cut off my contact and never used to attend my calls. Its been months now I called him up and asked him he said he didnt love me and was just flirting with me and also said he got some girl as timepass to flirt.. Every time he is saying something different which confuses me..I am depressed and worried! Why should a guy leave a girl who he was crazy in love with all of a sudden! I tried asking him whether it is due to AA if so i am ready to wait till he is ready but he replied not because of that. I totally cut off his contact too but it is really hard to move on. I tried talking to him again but now he is replying well. I dont want to let him go. Is it a good idea to talk to him? Well it is easy to say he doesnt like me anymore and move on. But we were so much in love the very next day we brokeup.Not even any indication of that..... So please help me.. Any suggestions.....? Now he is sober 1 year and an active member of AA.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You were only dating for a month, it could have been purely a physical thing for him. Sometimes, we must accept what we cannot change.

He has moved on, he has made it clear that he is not interested, do the same, get on with your life, there are alot of nice sober men out there, let go and start reliving your life, he is not worth another minute of your time.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
totfit

Unfortunately, a lot of folks use AA as an excuse to cut ties with girlfriends, family, etc. This is not a bad thing about AA, but just a human thing. Sometimes this is because folks just feel they really need change. Sometimes it is just an excuse to get away.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey..I am so sorry to find you here again with the same questions after so many months. Obviously you are in a great deal of pain. I am afraid, though, that I don't have any different responses this time...he has moved on, the why simply doesn't matter, and the longer you hold on to the question, the longer you will stay in this dark place of pain and suffering. I wish you strength and courage to move on and find the love you seek from within.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can you maybe go to counselling to try to help you through this?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So you are finding his words confusing, well let's take a look at his actions, he is not responding/ returning your calls or texts, in a nutshell, he is moving on.

Sorry to say, but the best thing you can do is pick yourself up, brush yourself off and go forward. Do not look back, there is nothing for you there.

You are going to be ok, it just takes some time. Today would be a great day to get out and do something special for you. Reconnect with friends, go for a drive, walk, do anything to help yourself refocus.