Notices

friday night blues

Old 01-11-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

friday night blues

staying in this evening. first friday sober ( day 5) watching movies.. eating junk.. getting restless... since i dnt have plans.. this normally wud be the time to guzzle the wine.. send a few drunk text.. or drunk dial some old hook ups looking for.. well ya know.. then drink more until i pass out... im not feeling sad at the moment.. not even so much lonley.. just kinda blah..

decided to hop on SR just to see how everyone else is spending there evening...
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Spending my evening the same way.... Drawing some new tattoos, eating junk and drinkin some soda, No plan's to do anything else till tomorrow. got the Ravens playing at 4:30, got my neice's birthday party(1yr) and my birthday tomorrow too.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

...just hangin' on the computer while my wife cooks dinner...

...after dinner I'll settle in my rocking chair by the fire and read my NA 12 & 12 book...
Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Takes some getting used to, don't it?

These days I'm really loving my Friday nights. Go for a nice long run after work and then eat crap for the rest of the evening, surfing the net and watching the telly. I stay up till around midnight and then have an awesome, healthy sleep and with an 8ish wake up on Saturday morning and a couple cups of coffee. And man do I feel good Saturday morning.

It sure as hell beats the chaos that used to be my Friday nights, almost always ending in a blackout and certaintly not feeling good Saturday morning.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Watching UK big brother on TV, snacking on nuts and drinking green tea.
Day 5,excellent!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello, my second Friday here sober since January 1st. It's weird not to wind down on a Friday evening with a bottle of wine but I' so thrilled and relieved to have taken my decision to stop drinking forever.

Allan Carr's easy way to control your drinking (the only way to control is to quit) has been an amazing brilliant help. Please, I beg you to get your hands on a copy. You'll be forever grateful to have stopped drinking.

Nice to be so clear headed every day. Now we have a bundle of energy and time (and love) things we can never have too much of. Now let's use it all.

Never doubt your decision.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Friday night is a great night to go to a meeting.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Heading into 13 days now.2nd weekend is upon me and I pretty much don't go anywhere right now... started exercising again but it gives me even more energy!!! And still not sleeping well.... but to wake up on. Saturday morning with a clear head, knowing my husband isnt mad at me cuz I behaved like an a hole? Priceless
My skin looks healthier, hair is shinier , awthma is better, barely any allergies...
But I will say, my body aches.like crazy.. is that normal?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy birthday! Inkd:day1
Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ivegotsunshine View Post
My skin looks healthier, hair is shinier , awthma is better, barely any allergies...
But I will say, my body aches.like crazy.. is that normal?
i was wondering the same thing. my joints are sore as well... anyone whose a couple months in recall the early days sore??
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Commited2Change View Post
i was wondering the same thing. my joints are sore as well... anyone whose a couple months in recall the early days sore??
Not sore here but seems like all my nerves are waking back up or something...feeling stuff I don't remember feeling in a long time on the eve of day5. Hope everyone is ok tonight, pretty quiet around here.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't remember feeling sore, but everyone is different. In early sobriety, I was restless in the evenings, wan't used to having so much time on my hands.....couldn't relax. I'm almost to seven months now and am learning to relax and find diversion. Sober Saturday mornings are the best!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I went to a meeting then had dinner with some of the women after. Was nice I had too much caffiene so I will be up for awhile...probably going to watch some shows on netflix. And yes, I have been having joint pain the past few weeks (59 days sober now). I didn't attribute that to quitting drinking but maybe so...
Old 01-12-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm wondering if maybe the alcohol masked the pain for me all those years. It stinks. I hope it gets better