Notices

Frustrated

Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated

I've been working out a lot to blow off steam and to work off excess energy and then BOOM, I threw my back out last night out of no where. Today I am pretty much limping around and have pretty bad lower back pain so exercise is going to be out for a little while I am presuming. This feels like a huge blow to me as exercising is the top thing I do to keep a healthy mind state. I do have to work tonight and tomorrow night so there is no chance of me even considering drinking over the weekend. Argh, this is such a downer and inconvenience. I haven't felt like drinking, but I did want to continue working up to feelings of health & productivity and it feels like this is just setting me back from a lot right now. I know drinking won't make anything better, I just feel frustrated.

Its funny, but more than anything I am craving a cigarette, which I also quit somewhat recently. Its funny how our minds seek out these types of relief, when it really won't even make anything better!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perhaps some sort of meditation while you cannot exercise. I myself do not meditate but lots of people love it and tell me its great exercise for the mind.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OMG Janie, so true!! I feel for you, I love getting exercise also, and it does help me too. I have a friend who is in recovery and she is a big work out nut, and she threw her back out and was down for a while, I hope that's not the case for you. Even if you can get some walking in or some gentle stretching and walking. Good luck, I'm so sorry.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks I do meditate sometimes. The problem is that I tend to get very restless if I don't get to exercise. I decided not to drink any coffee today and I already feel a little sleepy, plus is dark, cold, and rainy where I am tonight. My back feels slightly better, but I will still be cautious not to make it worse before it gets better.

I'm thinking about buying a digital download for a language on Rosette Stone. Any suggestions? Maybe Swedish or something. I'm also stuck working right now in a quiet environment.