Notices

Sounds lame but....

Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sounds lame but....

Im ready for bed but have myself so worked up about not being able to sleep and it just sucks because I havent slept good all week and just want one good nights sleep....well end of my vent.....good night all....
Old 01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey, I know the feeling you are speaking of. The first two weeks I found my most stress an hour before bed for fear that I will lay with my eyes open all night. That was tough but guess what?, it goes away and you will sleep again. All part of the wd symptoms for me.
You will be fine.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Honestly you will beable to sleep again.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Also anxious about sleep

Originally Posted by Billeth View Post
hey, I know the feeling you are speaking of. The first two weeks I found my most stress an hour before bed for fear that I will lay with my eyes open all night. That was tough but guess what?, it goes away and you will sleep again. All part of the wd symptoms for me.
You will be fine.
This is a huge source of anxiety for me as well. I'm only on Day 2, and hence I'm about to embark on Night 2. Like you said, I started feeling stressed an hour before bed. Last night was pretty dreadful. I really didn't feel bad today at all, but those 6 hours I spent tossing and turning last night seem to be burned into my memory. It's hard to face doing that again, although I'm going to do it. Are you saying that this lasted for two weeks? Was there any point when it started to get a little better? I am doing this either way, but I guess I'm just looking for a glimmer of hope....
Old 01-11-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Did not sleep well at all last night....just could not stay asleep...tonight im going to try the over the counter stuff and see if that helps....if not then off to the doc...
Old 01-11-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Insomnia is something that I have suffered from for a long time. My advice is sleep comes in cycles naturally....and for some people unfortunately part of the cycle is periodic insomnia. But if you are earlier on it is probably just your body trying to make sense of the sudden shock. Worrying is counter productive.....try doing something like reading, a hot bath, burning incense, whatever relaxes you before bed. Also do not lay for hours in bed wide awake, otherwise we start unconsciously associating our beds with things per than sleep. If you really aren't drifting off go and sit in another room, and only return to bed when you are properly tired.

Hang in there, you will get there