Vibrating at Different Frequencies

Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vibrating at Different Frequencies

I started a thread a while ago, saying I thought that my values were incompatible with those of alcoholics - now I am thinking that the "problem" is that we are resonating with different frequencies.

David Hawkins has written a book called "Power Versus Force," and in it, he speaks of the frequency of AA meetings as being rather high. He also speaks of fundamentalist religions being low . . .

He rates a lot of different things . . .

I don't want to write the details of an incident that just happened where my grandson labeled something "Satanic," but it made me realize how different our beliefs are. We are on different wavelenths and I am not sure why, as I helped raise him and he is very intelligent. I thought he rejected all of my beliefs out of some kind of teenage rebellion, but now I am wondering at the entire dynamic.

I realize that this thought is definitely not mainstream - but there is a lot of information about "vibrations" and "frequencies" out there, and I have been reading and studying about it quite a bit.

My world view includes an appreciation for quantum physics, and he just asked me to get him a book on Descartes - so we are really operating at different ends of the spectrum.

I just wanted to put this out there as a possible reason why there can be a huge disconnect in terms of understanding of the world, and related actions. I know this theory won't appeal to most - but it makes a lot of sense to me.

And it also saddens me because I love him and we have even less common ground than i thought and it also doesn't feel good to be ridiculed for my metaphysical beliefs.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's kind of like how Democrats and Republicans are on such opposite ends of the spectrum. It makes me wonder how one can think one way while the other is on such a completely different wave length. There is something at work here, but heck if I know. How old is your grandson? Perhaps he's just researching different things and looking to experience things that are not mainstream just for that reason. Curiosity!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He's is 19 - and his beliefs seem to be very fundamentalist. Maybe it is a phase. I aslo explored fundamentalism at the same age and for several years. I will try not to leap to any extreme conclusions.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A very old and wise college professor once said to me, it doesn't matter the course of study, or what you read, what matters is your continued hunger for knowledge......

Honestly, i had to google Descartes, did not know what that word meant, now I do,
Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

yep. And the frequency you vibrate from attracts others vibrating on that same wave length.

I leapt from a cliff this summer. Stopped working or spending time with negative people.

Now, people call me and tell me they love me. They offer to help me, no strings attached. I work with people I love and respect, and they love and respect me.

I can fly.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had no idea of Hawkins or his research....this is just one of the reasons I love this forum. Learning new things everyday.

Thanks!