Notices

Day three.. holy freak show this blows!!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Deliver me from myself

Unhappy Day three.. holy freak show this blows!!

I hate that I'm in so much physical pain. Im at work and my whole body is having random muscle spasms..it sucks. I get horrible dizzy spells. Is this normal?? Considering how heavily I was drinking on a daily basis..I guess I should be happy I just feel like I have the flu and some severe stomach/head pain. But how long will this last? Anybody know when I will start feeling human again?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
YEM
05/07/2011

I would talk with a Dr. Alcohol withdraw is nothing to play with.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Deliver me from myself

I think your right. I dont want anything to happen to me but at the same time I'm worried to say anything to my doctor because I dont want it reported to my insurance company.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
YEM
05/07/2011

Muscle spasms could be a precursor to WD related seizure. If you wake up from that, your insurance will surely know. Preservation of my life is more important than anything else, yours should be too.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had horrible muscle pains with headache. It was bad the first week but continued sporadically for 4 weeks.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would say give it a week max. Are you eating good? Try putting some extra good things into your body. Maybe even things you normally wouldn't. Give it a kickstart of sorts.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't know how close of a relationship you have with your doctor but if you go and explain your fear s/he will likely just report your visit with a very benign code. That's what mine did.

Either way, I agree with YEM...now isn't the time to worry about insurance. Worry about getting through this ok. Easy to say, I know, but hang in there. We're all rooting for you.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd see a Dr ASAP Cautionarytale...I didn't...I'm still dealing with the legacy of that decision.

I don't want to overstate the case - not everyone has a bad time...but for some of us, it can be life threatening.

I think some things are more important that insurance.

D
Old 01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Deliver me from myself

Thanks for all the encouragement and support guys. I ended up calling my doctor and telling him what I'm doing. He wrote me a prescription for 2.5 mg of valium that will last for two weeks. I found it kind of shocking that he would give me this but apparently its the only thing that works for withdrawl symptoms if he doesnt want to give me carbamazapine. He set-up an appointment to do a liver function test next week to make sure I dont have other complications. I havent had any auras and I dont have a history of seizure disorder either. He gave me a questionaire over the phone and he said my symptoms are mild to moderate. My muscle spasms are getting better and now my body just kinda feels like I worked out and not like I have the flu. Its day four and he said thats a good signs as far as my having not had a severe reaction but that he was upset I didnt call him about this. Definately glad I did. THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!