Notices

Crossing paths

Old 01-09-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crossing paths

My sponsor said once when someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly..

I liked that..

They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually..

They may seem like a Godsend and I believe they are. I believe they are there for the reason you need them to be..

Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand.

I think we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.

The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

I believe when people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.

They may teach you something you have never known. They may give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

I have met several people who crossed my path and either they encouraged me or I encouraged them , but I did learn a valuable lesson from them and for that I am grateful.

I am very grateful for the people God has put in my path and I don't believe it was a mistake. We are all on this spiritual journey and not everyone we meet is going to be with us forever.

Today I was looking at some stats on the AA website, and it said there were over 2,000,000 visitors to the site since 2002. I have gotten to know over 200 people since August who have come and have disappeared. Maybe a handful are left since I first started coming onto AA Online meetings and regular meetings. I used to take notes on people I met so I would remember them but I realized that I would be taking notes forever and there would be no end cuz most of them disappear as quick as they appear.

My sponsor also says that in life there are lessons and blessins. I don't believe it is at random that people cross each other's past.

I believe it is God orchestrating our lives to touch each others at precisely the right time for our own personal growth..I have learned something from each one.

I needed every experience I have had to become the very person I am today. My alcoholism included. If I can look at every experience as a stepping stone to molding me into the person God wants me to be. I am able to accept the hard times more easily with less regret. I like that person now..

So I can not be sad if someone comes into my life and then slowly fades away. Even if my experience with them was negative. Cuz I learned something there too. Their season was over.

Sometimes I just want to stop reaching out to new people because they all fall by the way side and very few make it but I can't because it keeps me sober to help others. And you just never know if what you say may just lay the seed for one's future recovery.
But I need to draw the line when I see that people don't really want to get help and just want sympathy.

I don't believe my mission in life is to befriend every single drunk in the world, I believe it is to carry the message of hope to every drunk I can but that is all I can do. I can not carry the drunk and I just keep moving on hoping just one hears the message and doesn't die or go insane from this disease.

Cuz many will. maybe even me but by The grace of God I am sober today. Thanks Lord