Angry - Left over bills from EX-ABF

Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry - Left over bills from EX-ABF

So frustrated and angry at ex-abf we broke up last September 2012 and I have never heard from him since. I was left with all the bills of the apartment that we had to move out of due to he never paid any part of any bills, I had worked with the landlord and he kept my 1800.00 deposit as part of the rent.

I have the paper work on that for court and I have contacted the billing collection company twice with no response from them. They are just there to collect and do not care who has to pay it! Of course he was too busy with any money he did have spending it at the bar or 24 packs of beer, rent and responsibilities were not his priority in life and still are not.

I just got the last bill from the apartment that was in both of our names and it is for 3300.00 outstanding. He was and is to pay it, long story short it is now on my credit that I owe the entire thing. I have been with the nc for months but this am I let him know via google text so I can print it for court that we need to talk about this outstanding bills from the apartment we shared or I will have to take measure and we will meet in court. I let him know this will be my only contact at this point and if no response I will see him in small claims court.

I have ever receipt from the rent I paid, electric bill, insurance, gas, phone and deposits that I lost for the apartment. Plus all the proof of where the money came from so in turn if I take him to small claims the emails that he send me saying “I’ll pay you back all of this and you’re not out money we are working towards a relationship and how much he loves me should help? I hope..

So it looks like I know where I have to go now! I live 5 hours from Seattle but my Mom is there so I can send all the paperwork to file for me and I guess drive the night before the court date when I get it! I should just not care but now that his irresponsibility is still haunting me and my past actions of letting him use me are now getting caught up with me.

I take full responsibility of my ½ of the issues in the ending of the relationship but he I guess never will and that is not my issue anymore. I just don’t get it! I didn’t get it then I guess I never will.

Has anyone else been in a relationship that has had to take them to small claims after the relationship was over? Any advice, it is making me sick thinking about it but one thing I have learned I’m taking care of me and if he does not like it oh well.

He didn’t care enough about me to leave me homeless for two months before I got a place to live and if I don’t take care of this now it will forever be on my credit and I won’t be able to rent an apartment later in my life if I need to.

Now I’m just ranting but I’m so angry and to top it off I have been sick with a cold/flu for two weeks!

Thanks for listening and any advice on how to handle something like this would be appreciated.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im angry too. My AH walked out on me 8 months ago and Ive been behind ever since. Its not fair but honestly, the money isnt worth the heart ache or head ache. Do what you need to get caught up and move forward. If he cared to help, he would.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was the one that walked out on my xab but I am the one who always paid the bills and everything else. At one point his drinking got so bad that instead of him yelling at me I would just go buy the beer, therefore got behind on things, but now I am the one suffering too, NOT HIM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are going through this! My xabf left me with stacks of unpaid bills, including a lease. I know how hard it is. My best advice is take things one day at a time and seek some solid financial advice. I didn't end up going to small claims because I couldn't afford the court costs. Fortunately my ex gave me (some) $$$ to cover his half of the rent. The rest of the thousands? Well I set up a payment plan, and am paying it off slowly, it'll probably take me years. Best of luck, I know it's hard because u care about things like your credit and well, the A doesn't. One day at a time, you will get through this.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Broke and living with my parents! lol - I have a decent job; but lots of medical bills/ previous bad debt from youth. One day at a time!