Notices

Is there a chance I WON'T opiate detox?

Old 01-09-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is there a chance I WON'T opiate detox?

Here's my issue. I was in back to back gnarly car accidents and was over prescribed Percocet by a doctor. (he ended up losing his DEA license due to building a business of addicts, Pharmacies turned him in etc) so when he went under I just...hurt. I had some insight into the "head change" caused by opiates and another regular, albeit illegal source showed up. So for the last 2 years, I've played (gotten high) and just taken them when I hurt. Everyday, mg frequency changing as is the chemical makeup of the pills I'm abusing. I say "abuse" because every day for the past two years I've taken something, with only minimal breaks here and there (about a week at a time.)

My question is, I've done the research and understand the dangers of me enjoying the high as well as using them for legitimate pain management due to physic dependency. I want to be drug free and proud, be a mom, all that so these gotta go. Oh right, the question. Last time I dropped the pills I didn't experience any of the withdrawal symptoms for a week. I was primarily using oxycodone based pills. I took I tab of suboxone, and was pretty much fine. (I don't know why I decided to use again after that. My body hurt and I guess not withdrawing didn't hurt enough to motivate me to quit. Luckily I have new motivations now.)

I'm down to 10-20mg a day of anything assisting me with movement for my demanding job (I studied tapering and opted to go that route.) last time when it took a week for me to feel any withdrawal everyone I talked to thought I was lying. It's been 12 hours since the last Norco I took and I'm not feeling ill. Does it just take longer for some people to detox, or what? Everything I see on the Internet contradicts my experience, and I'm not willing to go to a doctor.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This is a question best answered by your doctor. We can 't give medical advice here as we don't know you or your situation.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I don't think you would have much physical withdrawal from that dosage. Now the mental mush/depression is another issue. Best of luck!