Notices

Hyped up

Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hyped up

Is being hyped up after a couple of days not drinking ie i had 2 pints wednesday and nothing since ..i mean really hyped..not being able to finnish anything i start but starting 101 things..i feel like i'm about to explode... start to read a book and put it down ..start to watch something on tv and cant concentrate,,i need something to calm me down ..any ideas would be welcome....
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have had the exact same thing John. The way I saw it was that I had deadened my brain for years and now it is working overtime. I couldn't read or watch a film. I walked for miles to try and calm me down. At least I was doing something and going somewhere, and although it didn't stop my mind working overtime it did seem to put things in order. I'd read magazines because an article was the limit of my ability to concentrate, if that. Don't worry about it too much, mine actually calmed down after a bit. You just need to learn other ways to relax x
Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Early on the mind and activities go all over the place. Try an activity that will take you away from it all...like a long walk in the country etc...I drank a lot of green tea during the day at first then later in the day chamomile tea or try Sleepy Time by Celestial Teas....something to help calm you down...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cfm

It's called being stark raving sober. Don't worry, it will pass.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cfm

don't be surprised if soon you start to go the other way, tired, can't get enough sleep etc. It's all temporary