Notices

Down but not out.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Down but not out.

2nd try quitting for me. I stopped drinking back in August for about 2 months.
Was feeling good, attending meetings. My friends were left scratching their heads. I'm not sure how it really happened but found myself back in the same ugly boat which I was trying to climb out of. Before you know it I was back to drinking every night. Would never drink before 5:00 for what it's worth. Not that that really matters. But what really matters is that I am back. Today will be 6 days. I am taking it one day at a time. I tend to look down the road too much.As for right now , I am attending meetings. I am feelin much better. Headaches getting better, sleeping better, etc. I am glad to be back. I know I have to do this if I want to live cause if I don't, only bad things are in my future..

Thanks for reading
Scoob
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Scoob

D
Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad your here Scoob! I feel the same...if I continue down that road then only bad things are in my future....
Old 01-07-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hear ya SIPD. Today is day 7. Nighttime is a difficult time for me. But, the next morning is the best feeling knowing I made it through. Are you attending meetings? I am trying to attend meetings as much as I can. They really seem to help.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You can do it, Scoob. You never have to feel that misery again. Glad you came back to give it another try - we know you can stay quit this time.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you looked into getting a sponsor to take you through the steps?...That's where the recovery happens....Glad you are back!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You r right Hevyn. That crappy feeling is the worst. I hope the quit sticks this time.
Sapling, no I have not. I know I need to. Just trying to find the right person. Is there anything I should be looking for in a sponsor?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scoob720 View Post
Sapling, no I have not. I know I need to. Just trying to find the right person. Is there anything I should be looking for in a sponsor?
I guess what I was looking for was someone that had what I wanted. Was living happily without alcohol. Someone that knew the program as laid out in the book and had had a spiritual awakening...As a result of those steps. Keep your eyes and ears open....Once you pick one...You're not locked in....You can always change if it doesn't work out. The guy I asked worked out fine for me...He guided me and I did the work. This is worth a read.

Alcoholics Anonymous : Questions & Answers on Sponsorship

This site is worth looking at too.

Your First AA Meeting<
Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info Sapling. Will read that link now. I feel good knowing I can come here and post. I know that is not enough. I need to work the program as it is layed out.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scoob720 View Post
Thanks for the info Sapling. Will read that link now. I feel good knowing I can come here and post. I know that is not enough. I need to work the program as it is layed out.
It works if you work it...Best thing I've ever done for myself in my life...And I didn't even know something like that existed.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope to be where you are someday Sapling.

Well it's day 8 and I am feeling great. Off to the gym an then my 12:00 meeting.