Reiki for healing

Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reiki for healing

I'm not the most well versed on the subject, but I can tell you that during my Christmas break I went back home and underwent a session of Reiki healing provided by my aunt (mom's sister in law).

She asked me what my troubles were and I told her all about my XABF and how we had just broken up two days ago (now 12). She did the whole procedure with the crystals and the chakras, etc.....

I felt an INTENSE wave of energy entering my body when she asked her spiritual guides to manifest themselves through the symbols/signs......

I was a little scared at first because I had never felt such a thing while lying in a white bed, with my eyes closed and one healing stone over each of my eyes, another on each palm and one between my feet!!!! But that spectrum of energy that entered my body made me believe in the whole thing and I commit myself to the experience right away.....

To make a long stry short, I am surprised at how well I am taking this break-up, considering last time my XABF broke up (1 year ago) fell into pieces, thousands of millions of pieces. I could not for the life of me put me back together. I stopped eating, stopped being funtional, would have break downs during work all the time, COULD NOT talk about anything else but that, I became withdrawn, depressive, I would write him often, would beg to get a chance to talk to him, etc, etc, etc.....

This time however, I feel good. Sure, I miss him sometimes, sure I wonder what will happen in the future, sure I wish he would recover, but that is all. I am not crying, I am not considering suicide, I am eating normally.

Has anyone here used Reiki as a healing medium for their codependent-related issues????? If not, I suggest u guys give it a try
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I use Reiki and you had a wonderful healing. You probably won't get much validation here but just know that you were healed and enjoy your well-being (don't question it).

There is also free distance Reiki available online.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have not used Reiki but have a number of good friends trained in it and have done some other "out of the box" work that has been very helpful.

I truly think that if you find it helpful what a great choice.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LifeRecovery, if you have Reiki available to you, I strongly suggest you try it. It has changed my life SO MUCH without me noticing it....
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am interested in trying it. How often do you go? And approx how much does it cost?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I haven't yet but I plan to at my first opportunity. I do have acupuncture fairly regularly (about every 2 months) but I know Reiki would add another layer of healing into the mix that I would benefit from. I'll have to look into it further, I think someone told me of a place locally that does Reiki workshops that can be a little more affordable. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

How do I find a good provider? There are so many in my area. I really want to check this out.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wanted to bump this back up to the top. Wondering how to go about finding someone for this? With a google search I found plenty of teaching opportunities but the websites didnt show how to get the treatment/how often/how to find someone and all that. Any ideas?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I got a referral from my acupuncturist, but a massage therapist/salon might also be able to recommend someone depending on what's available in your areas.

Here, we have places that do all kinds of new-age healing. One place in particular offers massage therapy, yoga classes, tarot readings, reiki, etc. A place like that would be a great place to start & they often do monthly or quarterly open house type of events so that you can do mini-sessions for less to try out their services if you aren't sure about it.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Actually in many places hospitals have Reiki practioners also or a very similar modality called Healing Touch that practioners will provide for inpatients (and sometimes out).

Not always but it can be a place to start.

Actually where I work (it is far from progressive) has offered this type of training to our professional staff to assist with healing.

I just saw a class on it too from our non-credit classes at the community college (so would have to have someone with credentials to teach).

Finally I will ask my friend who is a practioner and report back.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Okay I got a lot of info. Please take what you like and leave the rest. My friend is trained in both Reiki and Healing Touch. It was not the friend I meant when I was thinking of who to ask, but I ran into her in the cafe. It is amazing when you put it out there, what is provided.

Reiki-three classes, and after the third, a certification of "Reiki Master" is given. My friend's suggestion is to make sure they have this last level. Also of note this practice comes more from Japan and in their words tends to be more Buddist in their languaging etc.

Healing Touch-is five levels of training and originated in the US and is more languaged around Judeo-Christian background. There are five levels of training for them, and you want to ask if they are Healing Touch Certified (which means they have completed all five). There is a website for Healing Touch that has certified practioners by state (I don't have a link) she just stated this.

It is being used in some hospital systems, and people who are in the hospital would have to have the full training of either to be practioners, so if there is a practioner there they are well qualified.

The practice of Healing Touch and Reiki is similar from what my friend told me, the language and wording around it is different.

I hope that helps.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've used Reiki for a bad back and had amazing results. Far exceeded my expectations.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for this info. I have just contacted someone to make an appointment - at this point I'm ready to try ANYTHING!!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am trying to find one too. Thank you for sharing!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I tend to stop eating when I am miserable and lose a lot of weight - so I've just realized after this reiki appointment - I'm probably going to get fat Lol! Oh well.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

A little more than 17 years ago I went to a 2 day seminar and got attuned to give reikki. I only went because it was a rare (at the time at least) free offering of the attunement, and my girlfriend (now wife) really wanted to do it. I was skeptical, to say the least. But I was open minded. I began practicing it immediately, and I have since seen a hanful of things I couldn't describe as anything other than miracles. I don't talk about it much, because of obvious reasons, but I use it. I'll write about a few of my more convincing experiences.

Shortly after being attuned my gf fell down a flight of stairs in the house we were moving into. She's very pale skinned, and she immediately had a throbbing blue welt on her shin, and started crying. I sat next to her, smiled, and said - this is what we got reiki training for, and I performed reiki for about 5 minutes. I picked my hands up and there was nothing on her shin. We both looked at each other and laughed. It was almost frightening as I never saw anything like that in my life before, and haven't since. But I think it was my convincer that there's something powerful going on with that stuff that I'm probably never going to understand.

Since then I've had lots of other experiences with it's healing power, but none quite as dramatic. I'm a bass player, and my fingers are incredibly important to me. A while back they started swelling up and I was getting a lot of pain. One very important finger was almost becoming useless, and I had to change my playing technique. I went to an md, was told I had arthritus, and given very little to do other than take aspirin or some other analgesic. I gave myself reikki every day for about a year... I have absolutely NO problems, and I mean none, with any of my fingers any more.

Last I'll mention is my cat, who's been knocking on heavens door now for years. I give him reiki whenever I know he's not feeling too good, and he's 22 years old and you'd never know it. He's diabetic, has had constipation problems that required hospitalization, developed neuropothy when he was first diabetic which made it so he couldn't even jump on a chair... and today he's perfectly healthy. Coincidence? Possibly, but I'm not going to stop giving him reiki until he's done with this planet. And I should mention that whenever I give him reikki I tell him, and it's gotten so that whenever I ask "reiki?" he comes to me. Even answers to it when his name doesn't get him to respond.

I'm an incredibly skeptical guy. I don't believe in spirits or ghosts, I don't believe in religion, I do believe in a higher power though, and my experience tells me that as wacky and mystical as the idea of reiki seems, it works.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Im glad that so many of you guys are willing to give this a try!!! I was a bit skeptical to go and only went because my aunt did it for free so really I had NOTHING to lose. Please keep us posted on how it goes and how it works for you.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Has anyone done it for depression and anxiety?? What were your results? Also what does it cost on average?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ive heard many good things about it. Same with acupuncture. As with anything though I believe that one must to open to the experience helping, otherwise all the good will be blocked
Old 01-09-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bamboo10 View Post
Has anyone done it for depression and anxiety?? What were your results? Also what does it cost on average?
I never did it for money, but my wife used to be a massage therapist and it cost about the same as a massage. There are many massage therapists that are also reiki practitioners and will include it as part of a session, so you might be able to find a 2 for one deal with a little research. If you're interested in that kind of thing. Make sure that they're licenced therapists, or course. I'd also just google reiki in your area, I'm sure you'll get a lot of hits.