Notices

New Year resolution

Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face New Year resolution

My Boyfriend & I decidced to detox off of pain killers for our new year resolution. We were gonna wein our self off, but im not sure thats a good a idea? well our first day when we were hurting real bad we would take advil & a Soma (muscle relaxer) sometimes we take tramadol & we took a quarter of a roxi yesterday & we take xanax a night so we can sleep. Just need some advice. Is this a good idea?, please we need help. He has been on them for about a year and i have done them every now and them since i was 18, but it wasn't untill 6 months ago that i started doing them every day. We both take at least 2 30mg roxicodone apiece a day sometimes more expecially on the weeked.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi NewBeginning4us

We can't give you medical advice here - it's against our rules.
Have you thought of seeing a Dr at all?

D
Old 01-05-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi New,

I hope you check back here--we can offer you support and a healthy diversion. Try your local phone book for medical advice--even a crisis line will help. They'd rather deal with you alive than dead!

It's good you and your boyfriend are in this together. The support of my partner has kept us straight 66 days now.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome NewBeginning4Us -:day6

It's great that you've both made this decision, though I'm sure it doesn't feel very good right now. You might want to look into an addiction doctor in your area for the best way to go.

Lots of people here have been where you're at and gotten sober - it really is worth it! Check out the substance abuse forum while you're here - lots of support there, too:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 01-05-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you all soo much. i'll will call a medical hot line. thanks for the help & support. we are gonna need it.