Notices

Newcomer with that same ol' suboxone story

Old 01-05-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer with that same ol' suboxone story

Hello SR, new here but I have read threads, you know when you're withdrawing trying to take the misery off your mind by finding out how long and how bad the detox is going to be, yea that sort of thing. I'm happily married and my wife is awsome. I have made it through withdrawal before. I was sick with all the symptoms(dont think i have to name them) I work in the marine industry so I go out to sea for two weeks at a time. well the sort of thing happend to were I wasn't going to have my subs for two weeks
I said IM GOING TO BEAT THIS AT WORK!
Being out on a tugboat with no land in sight is the best way to NOT take anything for two weeks. I read all the threads,blogs,personal recovery stories and stocked up on vitamins,Imodium,and put a lot of gatorade and water plus bananas on our supply order. Days 1-3 were a breeze, the third night I woke up on the boat had to come on watch( I am the captain) and boy it hit that night and came on strong for the next four days. I have hid all this from my wife (my addiction)but I was so emotional I broke down, told her about the subs, and waited for the worst response. The most amazing thing happend, she said I love you, you'll get throu this. Suck it up! You will get throu. That was such help. That fourth day I took a hot shower went in my bunk and was ready for another day of hell, I was getting bad then hallucinating mildly bc of the insomnia. I said a prayer and asked god for help I mean i begged and cried for a few hours.
I passed out.
When I woke up it was better, I had beatin it and was a new person and happy as hell.
Jump a week later I get off the boat and was ready to show my wife and the world a person she hadn't seen for years. I wanted to do everything and go everywhere. It lasted a week , the thing I didn't expect was a phone call. You know the one. And I relapsed
Well here it is day 3 , on the boat , my wife doesn't know that I fell back off. Only thing is now I'm a member on SR. I have the same survival pack. So I guess these forums help. I don't even know where this thread will end up. Just reaching for encouragement I guess. I did the detox in feb 2012. So Ive been back on subs for 8 months. I never took the same amount of mg. one day I might take 2,4,8 maybe none. But I do know this when I did it before I would take 8 mg a day and that's no lie. Yes that detox was bad and no it didn't last for weeks. Well maybe not the really bad symptoms. Anyway sorry so long.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Skipper83
Welcome to SR. This is a great step. You have obviously been thinking about this for some time.
My advice would be to be completely honest with your wife IMO.

Good luck and welcome. People will respond it's just late.

gigi