Women Who Love Psychopaths

Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Women Who Love Psychopaths

When I first saw this I thought - def does not apply to me. For some reason today I started seeing if I could buy it on Amazon - (just out of interest - you know)- It's not avaliable in the UK.

Is STBXAH just an A? I am wondering. He has for years given me the 'silent treatment' .It can go on for months, the longest time before this was a year in 2005 and now we are coming up to a year again.

He did not control me - he just made comments like if my hair wasn't in the style he liked (which I wore for 20 years!) he made comments like - oh have you not had your hair done!.

He told me it was a shame my family did not care about me and how sad that was cos I was so loyal to them.

If I was dressed to go out (while he was going to stay in and drink) he would say - What time do you start?!

If I was upset and crying at what he said to me he would mock me - mimic the look on my face or my lips quivering ...

writing this is making me feel sick.

After occasionally preparing an elaborate dinner - he would ask if I planned to keep - spending at this extravagant level we could not afford - fio he would say!

I was not allowed to have my own computer for any length of time - he would need to take the parts out to fix somebody elses!
I asked him if this would ever stop - He said Never.

In Alanon I hear about others but the A's just seem to want to get drunk - not really anything else, not really all this other stuff I have had to deal with.

Am I delaying my recovery by not dealing with this other stuff too?

Maybe I need to get this book?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I posted about the book recently.

I highly recommend it. Some of the stuff you are talking about I experienced as well.

My guess is, if you think it goes beyond alcoholism it probably does. Knowledge is power.

Take care, Katie
Old 01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have the book too. It's excellent even if the A isn't a psychopath

They do so many pathogical bahaviors--specifically the disregard for others and emotional immaturity, manipulation, etc.

She also has a newsletter you can sign up for.

Really useful and helps you understand your own "typical codie" behaviors. I think she calls this your Super Traits.

My only issue is that she can't spell!! I wish she'd get an editor. LoL
Old 01-04-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks - I think I 'll have to get it.