Notices

Day 4

Old 01-04-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Iv been drinking heavily for the last 3 years, to begin with it was to loose weight I replaced all food with alcohol and the weight dropped off, I honestly thought once I'd reached the weight I wanted I'd be able to stop.
I functioned well on alcohol running 10k races and getting pb's after getting hammered the night before! Then it caught up with me, alcohol became my crutch, I was happy I'd have a drink, I was depressed I'd have a drink, I was stressed I'd have a drink you get the idea...
Anyway the last 12 months I could count on 1 hand how many days iv gone without a drink and I have been drinking more and more to the point I was waking up having panic attacks about how much I drank the night before. So over Christmas I finally admitted to my partner I had a problem, he brushed it off and told me "just because you like a drink doesn't make you an alcoholic!"*
I knew different, *I'm now on the start of day 4 of being sober and after the hell of day 3 my partner now realises how bad my problem is!!
How long before I stop obsessing about alcohol? It's all I think about from the moment I wake until I finally fall asleep!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Louisa

I dunno about you but I drank for years and drinking was central to my life for those years...it took me a little while to stop thinking about not drinking, not drinking and all permutations thereof.

There's a lot of support here tho - you're not alone - that makes it easier I think

D
Old 01-04-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Louisa
Dont worry about thinking about booze all the time its natural. Just think "I HAVENT HAD A DRINK SINCE LAST YEAR, 4 DAYS AGO"
Thats where I am right now the same as you! Lets keep going, one day at a time.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Time slows that down , keep on running and exercising if you can.
Life will only get difficult and dangerous if you carry on drinking.
Go to your GP and tell them the extent of your difficulties I'm sure they will be more than pleased to help, as it makes life easier for them down the line.
Keep on and if you fail keep on giving up till it clicks.
John.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Louisa

I also had a tough time with day 3 yesterday and I'm praying today is going to be ok.

I know it must have been awful for you yesterday but be thankful for your partner now realises how bad the suituation with alcohol has become and hopefully he will be able to support you in the next coming weeks.

Good luck today x
Old 01-04-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

the driven / obsessional thinking goes away in the end. it takes it's own time. You can live your life with it.

My thinking really improved after 90 days. I know it seems a way off now- but life was so much better by that time.

You have made the right decsion- the torment can end