Notices

Husband is gone til Sunday

Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband is gone til Sunday

My husband just left to go out of the state til Sunday. For some reason I thought he would be leaving tomorrow. This is the time I would normally be drinking my heaviest, while he is gone and I am alone. I'm a little nervous, not about tonight as I plan on finishing up some work and then reading in bed. This weekend is going to be VERY trying because Saturday I am attending a somewhat controversial out of town gathering for HIS family without him there. My MIL desperately wants to drive with me because she is not accepting this "gathering" and is very emotional over it. I know she wants me for emotional support to get through this thing, but I am pretty much lying to her and saying I'm not sure I can make it to this event at all just so I don't have to deal with several hours there and several hours back trapped with her in the car constantly talking, crying, talking, crying, talking, talking, crying, angry, hateful, upset, depressed. I just can't do it to myself. I feel bad about lying to her but I have to protect my mental state right now, and being her crutch would be a huge blow. I lied and said have to work Saturday morning and am not sure I will be able to make this gathering. I still fully plan on going, pretending work got finished early, so I can drive myself there and back and not have to endure her constant talking, crying, etc. This is my way of putting my sobriety ahead of my "people pleasing" ways. If I really wanted to be selfish, I would not go to this thing at all and I wish I had said no in the first place. But it's too late for that, and I want to be there, I just hope it all works out. Just wanted to vent a little since no one in my family really knows what I'm trying to do including my husband. I hope the post made some sense. I do feel better now. Today is the end of day 3 for me.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Lunetta, day 3? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Dont let'um drive ya nuts. Rootin for ya Lunetta.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are doing the right thing for yourself and your sobriety. You are smart to know that the situation would be trying for you.

I wish you continued strength!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wouldn't have been able to make that trip with my own mother on day three...Forget about the MIL. Do what's best for you....And don't drink no matter what.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lunetta,
You are absolutely doing the right thing and respect to you for knowing this so early in sobriety.
All the best
CaiHong
Old 01-03-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you Lunetta,

I would probably have made an excuse about not being able to attend at all!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think your choice is the right one. That car ride would be no good for you. Great job on day 3. Hang in there and use this site for support as much as you need to.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

You're totally doing the right thing. For the record, it wouldn't be selfish if you didn't go at all