Notices

Now that I'm sober...

Old 01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now that I'm sober...

The greatest things in my life are not things - they are people that I love and the relationships I have with them. Namely, my wife, my father and my daughter. Each of those relationships have been invested in and developed with time, energy, honesty, etc.

My greatest achievements in life? Oh, who knows. Seriously, I mean... how does one measure things like an act of kindness? Okay, but concrete measurable type things... going back to school, writing a book, bought dad his dream car, etc.

How about most fun things? Starred in an infomercial and two documentaries, opened and ran a school, broke a Guinness World Record, etc.

I see a fair number of posts around here that wonder what the heck to do now that we're clean and sober and the answer for me is simple:

Everything. I get to drink and use or I get everything else. I didn't have or do any of these things when I was using - they all came about in sobriety.

What would you do if you could do anything? What would you dream if your dreams were not chemically altered? Hope you find out.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Wonderful post!!! The gifts of soberiety are never ending
Old 01-03-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lovely post. There is much more to life than being drunk/high. There is whole big amazing world out there and experiences to be had. Making Alcohol / drugs our whole world / God is a very narrow view indeed.