Notices

Strange Dreams for the Newly Sober

Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Strange Dreams for the Newly Sober

This my day 2. I just woke up from a dream that I was so drunk on Whiskey that I couldn't stand. After stumbling around a bit, I fell and the shattered glass was in my mouth. I never dreamt about drinking before. And I woke up feeling terrible and wanting to drink to dull my pain. That was unexpected.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

It's just a dream.

I drank daily for thirty-five years. I would have been more surprised if I didn't dream about drinking when I quit.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For some reason I really like reading other people's dreams- It helps to know I'm not the only one going through crazy dreams.

Most of my dreams are revolving around me being absolutely inundated with booze but not actually drinking. Had one the other night that I was in a college dorm surrounded by people literally throwing booze at me but I never drank. Another where a buddy opened up a "party restaurant" in a field where even squirrels and raccoons were stealing bottles of wine and running around wasted.

Sounds horrible but the funny part is they are not negative- they are almost cartoonish and funny- kinda like a road runner cartoon.