Notices

Hi

Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

Ive signed up for SR today but i first have to admit to being a lurker throughout most of December, you guys on this site helped me to go from a nightly 2 bottles of red or more in November too drinking halve the nights in December. That is a major achievement for me as ive been an alcoholic and pretty much nightly drinker for 15 years. A functioning alcoholic that managed to hold down full time work for the last ten of those years but never excelled at any job, now i find myself out of work over Xmas and a new drive to sort out my biggest problem.

So i drink 3 bottles off red wine on new years but throughout the night i was thinking to myself... this just isn't fun anymore, and it really hasn't been for a long time now, i've had enough.

So day 3 for me, going cold turkey from a night of 3 bottle of red wine has been difficult but allot of vit B complex, kudzu, healthy eating, water and im through the worst, another day feeling a little less crap, a little more energetic and more reading of peoples lives and informative threads.

Keep it up, great site

(took me about about 20mins too type, brain fog heh)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Silva!

Zube
Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Welcome Silva! I also got to the "this is just not fun anymore phase" sadly it took me a long, long time to realize I could just stop that madness. Once I did I got "happy" back.

Congrats on day 3. Hang in there. It gets better and better. Glad you found us!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck Silva.

Keep drinking those fluids and go for a leisurely walk if you can to help clear the fog :>)

Val
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to our family!

I am UK too, lots of us here.

I grew into a bottle of wine of wine a night drinker, then added a few vodka's, then started earlier and earlier.

I am now 325 days and nothing is going to get in my way of getting to a year!
It was hard at first. I mostly drank in the evening. I got busy. Got off my favourite spot on the sofa, smashed my favourite glass and got busy. I had a lot of early nights, drank a lot of hot chocolate, did a lot of cleaning, got rid of stacks of junk for car boot sales, went for long drives with loud music, but I did it. I'm still doing it!

Now I can hand on heart say it would be strange to sit all night and drink all evening.

But by visiting here daily, reading and posting, learning about how dangerous alcohol can be the impact it can have on your life and your friends and family.

If you really want an eye opening wake up call, go on you tube and watch 'rain in my heart'. It's a documentary made in a UK hospital. That will really get a hold on your drinking.

I really do wish you the best on your experience with becoming free from alcohol whichever way and when you decided to it.

Take lots of care xx
Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies, stepping yeah its been a long time coming but my head was getting worse, something has to change. Valll yeah im just off out to the gym, it's the one thing that realy helped me quiet smoking a few years ago and i need to tire myself out for tonight. Sasha4, atm i wouldn't mind the Queen comeing round and having tea in my kitchen i've been cleaning it so much heh!, yeah it's as if my body is wanting to do what my liver is doing and clean all the crap away.

I'm feeling good atm and off out for some exercise but i'll deffinetly look at that tube clip later, maybe when the craving come back again when it gets dark.

thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Always come back Silva. Recovery is, as it turns out, a full time job.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

so good to read all this support!
thank you for all your honesty.
watching the documentary now.
thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yestofreedom View Post
so good to read all this support!
thank you for all your honesty.
watching the documentary now.
thanks
Let me know what you think?
Its quite refreshing to have a documentary without the editing of reality TV I think.

xxxx
Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Silva!

I was a nightly wine drinker, too, and couldn't imagine life without it. I'm so glad that I found this place and decided to stop drinking and I know you will be, too! It's great to have you with us!