Notices

Not sure what im feeling....

Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure what im feeling....

Its another morning of waking up sober....the last week has been a struggle....I wake up go to work, go home and in bed by 7 just so I dont have to deal with this....I guess the one thing I dont want to do is to let life go by while im sleeping....feel like maybe im missing out on something while im sober....its just very lonely during the week at night at home....one of my issues is that, I live in NY and work in PA, so during the week I stay with my Dad in PA because of work, now while hes is a great guy a great father he does not understand the entire alcoholic mind....hes 74 so I do not expect him to totally understand....so I spend alot of time in my room watching TV or sleeping....I use to go to meeting years ago but of course in my mind it didnt work....or I wouldnt be where I am at these days....I guess I really dont know what im saying this morning just needing to talk....the one thing im blessed with is that I can be here on the forums all day at my job since we have internet access....
Old 01-03-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

A big portion of AA is the fellowship. Come early leave late and get to know some of the people both in NY and PA. AA's are fun people they just are sober fun people. Take what you want and leave the rest. Had a great time at a sober New Years Eve party with a bunch of my AA buddies and their spouses.

I know for me isolation is a step towards relaspe.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe you could take an evening class, join a sports team, volunteer, get out and do something that you would enjoy?