Notices

Up since 3 on Day 3

Old 01-03-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Up since 3 on Day 3

i know insomnia was bound to be a part of this but I can't stand it! I'm sleepy but can't find sleep and now it's time for work. Sigh. On the plus side, since New Year's Day was Day 1 for me, the month itself is counting my sobriety days for me -- one less thing to think about lol. I am a little nervous about the weekend. I'm planning sober gatherings with family that knows I'm struggling to help support me. I keep thinking....if I can get through just ONE weekend without drinking, I'll know I can do it and it will give me hope.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there C4B!

For me, day 2 and 3 were the worst. Things began to get a bit better on day 4. I think that night 4 was my first sort of real sleep.

You can do it! Good thinking on the family/sober gathering.
Zube
Old 01-03-2013, 02:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things usually got better for me within a week - of course if you're concerned it's best to seek professional medical advice

D
Old 01-03-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nights 5 and 6 were when I got proper sleep! It's worth waiting for, my advice would be to have a good book on standby for the next few nights and "go with it"! It is very much worth it. (on day 7 so am still wallowing in the morning afterglow of a nights sleep sober!)
Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yesterday was Day 5 for me, and I finally slept like a baby last night. (Although, I never understood that phrase, because babies actually sleep like crap. :-) )

My point is, your body recovers and natural rhythms resume. That is my hope for you this morning. Congrats on your 2013 recovery. You can handle this weekend!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Same here, day 3 was the worst for me. It is terrible going on no sleep.

The good news is though, it will get better. When sleep does come, it will be the best you have had in a while! You will dream a lot more, but that means your body is getting that deep sleep it has been deprived of for so long. Hang in there, it's totally worth it!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I totally understand, Change4Better. I'm on day 3, as well. Hang in there and good luck this weekend.

It's really weird for me this time. For the first time ever, my mind and body are in agreement -- I'm done. I prayed this day would come, and it finally has. Thank God!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I keep thinking....if I can get through just ONE weekend without drinking, I'll know I can do it and it will give me hope.

Don't worry about the weekend, it's not here yet. Concentrate on making it through Thursday.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you're anything at all like me you'll go into deep sleep soon. Hang in there. You can do it!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for the support :-) I'm looking forward to that first good, sweat-free, sleep. I did notice something ...well...kinda silly I guess, but today on my way to work and on the way home, my rear view mirror was pointed down too low. I haven't moved it in months. I guess I am sitting straighter up and not run-down/slouching on my drive. I dunno if it has anything to do with my newfound (babystep) sobriety but I'll say it is anyway lol.