Notices

Went through a huge craving today

Old 01-02-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went through a huge craving today

Today is a rough one. My husband is mad at me. I'm not clear on why. I am not retaliating.
Left the office and drove to a store in my old neighborhood. Latino grocercies. Driving home and feeling uptight about it. I passed the liquor store I used to go to 20 years ago. It's still there I thought.
I remembered drinking beer in the summer. It's 9 degrees outside now.
I found myself wishing I could have a beer. No lie, after all I have gone through.
I kept on driving, kept thinking and thinking. I thought about me drunk. Staggering around blubbering on and on. I told myself that is why you can't drink girl.
I am home. Husband not speaking to me. I am not moved to analyze the situation.
I did not drink. I went through the memory of the first drink all the way to the last. Dealing with my alcoholism is such hard work at times. I am up to it. I am still sober and glad that I am
Old 01-02-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Escapist, you did not drink? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
It doesn't stay that hard, at least it hasn't for me.
Hang in.
xo
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You made a very good choice I think.

Just to let you know, I was angry at my wife the other day and had a flash like urge to drink. I didn`t and the flash of anger to lash out and drink didn`t last long...but it was still there.

I think it`s normal and what's important is what you do with it.

Not drink.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done Escapist, it is amazing how are spouses can at times be our biggest triggers. You made a good choice, and I am proud of you my fellow OctSOBER mate!!

Hopefully he will get over why he is upset, or at least clue you in, until then hang out here or go for a walk, read, something to keep your mind occupied.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hey Escapist,

You definitely are NOT alone. Ive had some close calls and 'just get thru this hour' moments recently too. I swear some days I think my wife antagonizes me just to see if she can get me to drink. I know she isnt, its just the usual crap I could ignore when I was drunk...

Until I couldnt ignore it anymore and snapped. The outcomes are much better for me now that I am excersizing patience and tolerance.

Good job in not picking up! Another crisis overcome and another sober day in the rear view mirror
Old 01-02-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
I did not drink. I went through the memory of the first drink all the way to the last. Dealing with my alcoholism is such hard work at times. I am up to it. I am still sober and glad that I am
Thank you, escapist. This is something I need to hear and remember. I've been through similar situations in the past, just gave in and bought that bottle without thinking about where it was going to take me.

Oh, and GOOD JOB!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Escapist,
congratulations on getting through that battle, an important victory. I liked that you weren't moved to analyze the situation, for some reason that soundedl like the right thing to do. Good that you saw the drink to the end, there are no happy endings once we start drinking.
All strength to you
Love
CaiHong