Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well it was only a matter of time until I joined something like this! I come from a long line of depressed alcoholics, drug users and mental health issues. This year was my breaking point. I've been a drinker since my first sip around 12 years old. 19 years later its time to recgnize the issues. I refuse to go to AA. my sister is an AA fanatic and I would never be a ble to go there without seeing her or someone she knows. Since I know she tends to leave out the "anonymou"s soI prefer to stay away. Sure there are other meetings but I'm pretty sure id need to leave the state!!
Its only been a couple of days and I can see the quirky habits I have start to.come out from underneath the cloud of alcohol. My OCD and anxiety have been on high alert. I'm familiar with these feelings but they are certainly more magnified without the drink... acut headaches and irritabilty.. I know this is normal but I don't like it.
I made a dream board and put it on my dresser in front of me bed to look at every day.
My 2 favorite quotes are" I did it for myself" and one fro my husband who I love more than anything, " I did it for the man who gave me a sense of harmony "
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Congrats on your decision to quit drinking!

I seriously doubt that your Sister, her friends, and likely all those close to you do not already know you have a problem. I would much prefer to have people think I was working on my problems than having them think I was doing nothing.

She is sober you are not so it would appear she is doing something right. Getting sober is all about changes in behavior especially those that make us feel uncompfortable. Ask her how she got sober and then do what she did.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR sunshine, you'll find lots of support and wisdom here!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome to SR sunshine! I'm glad you found us. You'll find a ton of support here. :ghug3
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 01-02-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR sunsine.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Today marks day seven without alcohol. I've told my whole family and said sister was surprisingly supportive. Waking up.without the anxiety attacks, headaches, nausea and whatever else has been so very nice. I do think about drinking more than a teen-aged boy thinks about sex but hopefully that gets better!
Had dinner with another sister Friday night and I must say, I think she enjoyed my company more then than she has in years. It sort of made me realize how absent I am when I'm drinking.
My ocd is on high the last week as ny house has never looked so clean! Ironing curtains this morning then out fore some snow shooing.
Thanks again . I'm so grateful Sr is here!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great that you are now in the abstinent phase of your lifetime, and can enjoy every minute of the day.

No surprise about your sister at all, seeing you in the best shape of your life is all she or any other alcoholic who has found a comfortable sobriety wants for you.

I bet the whole family is very proud of you, just as you were for your sister when she found an answer that works well for her.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Posting on these forums is so annoying from a phone
Its very discouraging.
I need a hobby and new friends. And a new job... ugh. This is why I drank lol!