let God..i get it now

Old 01-01-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

let God..i get it now

upon the advice of many here i picked up a book on my nook reader called "Codependent Mo More".

all i can say is wow. i had such a difficult time grasping the concept of letting God until i read "Visualize your hands placing in God s hands the person or problem you are concerned about. Visualize His hands gently and lovingly holding that person or willingly accepting that problem. Now, visualize His hands holding you. All is well for the moment. All is as it should be and as it needs to be. All will be well better than you think" (quoted from her book)

there was so much more, but i feel this allowed me to understand letting God much better. Im very excited about the new tools i have and am only on page 69 but thought, maybe someone else is as lost and confused as i am.

i feel her book is teaching me to find myself again.

"What are you feeling? What do you think? What do you need to take care of yourself"(Quoted from her book)
Old 01-01-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I found letting go a difficult task. As soon as we understand that we have zero control over another person or situation we start on the path to peace IMO.

I read and reread the books, they are a tremendous help.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel like I have just fully grasped the powerlessness in recent days. I think I need to pull it out and start retreading.

Thank you for posting Contra.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Letting gone and handing it over to my higher power was the hardest thing in the world for me to do because I'm a control freak..

Ill never forget the day I hit rock bottom.. It was the day after my EXAH had shoved me out of his bedroom doorway.. I was at the gym before work trying to do a workout and just not feeling it.. So I went into the locker room which is thankfully no more then a private bathroom with a shower, got down on my hands and knees on that nasty bathroom floor and just asked God to take it from me because I couldn't carry the burden or the pain of living with an addict anymore.. I dried my eyes took a shower and felt this overwhelming sense of peace.. After that things just fell into place.. Within a week I had found a good lawyer and filed for divorce.. I won't lie and say that i still didn't try to control the situation at times because I had a hell of a time getting my ex to move out but I was able to walk through that wall of pain a lot easier because I finally just handed it over and let god take care of the things I couldn't ..

The places and times where we hit rock bottom amaze me.. I never thought it would be on the bathroom floor of a gym but that's where mine was...

And yes condependent no more is a fabulous fabulous book.. I have a very dog eared copy that I'm rereading right now actually.. I learn something new every time I read that book...