Notices

Need Suggestions

Old 01-01-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Suggestions

Hello! I am, of course, new to this site so I will start by a quick introduction. I am a 42 year old female. I consider myself an alcoholic just because alcohol is my drug of choice although I am an equal opportunity user (if I have the opportunity I will use it).

On Nov 13th I entered treatment at the urging of my family. I knew I needed help and went in with an open mind. It turned out to be a very positive experience and I came out 30 days later more than ready to work a program of recovery. And then life smacked me in my face.

I came home to find my apartment robbed of everything: furniture, appliances, clothing, jewelry, every toy my 5 year old son had etc... I tried to use the suggestions I had learned at rehab to handle it. I tried to use meditation and gratefulness and it was working for me. I was planning out my meeting schedule.

To make a long story short,then it was discovered that my downstairs neighbors were involved in the robbery and I used that as an excuse to drink which got me an aggravated menacing charge and 10 days in the county jail. When they say your addiction picks up right where it left off, they are not kidding. That one time resulted in my first time in handcuffs, let alone in jail at Christmas.

Anyway, I cannot return to my apartment and am staying with my father out in the middle of nowhere. He doesn't understand how important meetings are to my recovery and is not willing to give me a ride. I plan on buying a vehicle soon but until then welcome any suggestions or words of encouragement you all may have. Happy Sober New Year!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you have found a safe place for you and your child to live.

I think you will find lots of inspiration here at SR. I think if you're motivated to recover, you will find a way that works for you.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sharway,
I used AA at first and loved it, but now I am here only as my support, as many are, some using SR from day one only! So congrats on making it back, and until you resolve your location and transport issues, you have sure come to the right place!

My suggestion is to read and post, read and post, and when you need it read and post. It also gives you a journal as later when you have a couple of years, you can read your earlier posts and be both renewed and again proud for you!

Good health and happy new year.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

First, I am sorry that happened while you were in the process of making positive choices for you and your son.

I am glad you are able to stay with your dad, and I agree about SR, it has been my greatest sense of support, and I am grateful to everyone on this site.

Keep posting and reading and let us know how you are doing.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile

Thanks so much all for welcoming me. I have been busy reading and it has been helping. I haven't drank or used since the day I got arrested so I do have 14 days today.

I am really thankful that my son & I are safe & have a roof over our heads. I am also thankful that this site exists because it gives me hope and motivation.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

14 days?

Wonderful!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sharwey

I'm sorry for your past troubles but I hope 2013 will be a far brighter year for you and your son

You'll find a lot of encouragement help and support here

D