My boyfriend's Adderall abuse.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My boyfriend's Adderall abuse.

My boyfriend and I have been together 2 1/2 years but have known each other for 13. We moved in together about a year into our relationship. He works night shift as an order selector at a warehouse (basically a lot of physical labor). I have two kids from a previous marriage who live with us and he has a daughter from a previous relationship who does not live with us but stays over frequently.

About four months ago, he mentioned that one of his friends at work gave him an Adderall XR and it made him feel AMAZING. I have to admit, I was a little impressed at first because after getting off work at 5am, he came home, cooked breakfast for everyone, and helped me get the kids up and dressed for school. I also didn't know much about Adderall at the time. A couple weeks after that first time, he told me that he got another one from the friend. He said it helps him with work and makes him actually feel good about being there. I still hadn't thought much about it until he started buying them. At first, it was one here and one there. Then I started noticing his behaviour changing. He has also taken them while we were at a party with some friends while he was drinking. I'm no expert but I'm sure that's not a good idea. He has said that he wants to go see a psychiatrist so he can get his own prescription. I started reading into Adderall addiction and was floored by the things I found. I talked to him about it a couple of times and he plays it off like it's nothing.

**** just got real today. Christmas just passed and we are pretty short on money. I checked our bank account today and he has withdrawed $60 in the past week without telling me about it. He only pays $5 per pill. I sent him a text asking him what the withdrawls were about and am waiting on a reply. He is totally non-confrontational and would rather ignore problems than face them head on. Anyone have advice on how to breach this subject?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Seems to me you did when you texted him, you can't make him respond. My hubby would always rather avoid as well.

If he is addicted to them well just know there is nothing you can do to change tat.