Notices

I have 103 Days

Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

I have 103 Days

I finally surpassed 100 days. Thanks to AA, God, SR, Doctor, and my family I have been able to do "the impossible." I start my senior year of college on Jan. 7th and today I'm running a 5k. The possibilities are endless with sobriety and at the ripe age of 27 I'm hoping I won't have to "test the waters again."

I admit I'm powerless over alcohol and drugs. I don't even flirt with the idea that I can drink socially or just beer or just in the evenings. I don't entertain the idea that maybe I can smoke weed again someday once I work all my problems out. NO.

Today I am staunchly anti-alcohol/drug and help others to choose that direction. I have found a new freedom and peace unlike anything I've had before. The promises of AA are coming true (I was skeptical) and it feels great to clear away the wreckage of my past.

At the end of my run I was shooting heroin, downing pills, drinking everyday in mornings, blowing every dollar I had, just running my life into the ground. Now I'm a year away from graduating from a prestigious University with a promising career afterwards, all because I made a U-Turn, I did a 180 turn towards life. Now I face my emotions, money problems, and anxieties head on. I take excellent care of myself and try to love others like God does.

For this addict/alcoholic/ADD guy, sobriety is the only way to live. I pray and hope that I will be a help to other young opiate addicts and people struggling with addiction. I have a unique past and ability to reach people who others might not be able to reach. I pray that I may not hide my head in the sand, but reach out to offer others what I've found. Surely it was worth the struggle of those first 90 days. Surely, it was. Happy New Year!!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Young...that is AWESOME!!! Be proud and Congrats!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on passing the 100 mark YoungandSober. Such an inspiring post, I'm sure anyone reading that who is in the same place as you were, can take heart that there is a better life out there.

You are such an inspiration. Stay young

S x
Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats, Y&C. What a great post! Sure to give hope and motivation to others who are struggling as you have struggled. Happy New Year to you!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great YAC - congratulations!

D
Old 01-01-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Woot woot!!! Congratulations on 100+ days, and Happy New Year!!!!!