I hope I've done the right thing.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I hope I've done the right thing.

SO, XAH wanted the kids for NYE. I agreed. Then he said he was going to take them to the city to see the fireworks. I said no. Not happening. A park in the dark in the city with a drunk caretaker and every other drunk in the city AND using public transport. NO WAY!

Last night he says his plans have changed. I was relieved. Until he told me his plans involve a NYE party at his brother's house. Both XAH and his brother are still using alcoholics and both smoke marijuana. I said NO! So, XAH started quacking about going to court getting full custody blah blah blah. "You can't tell me where I can take my kids! I'm taking you to court. I will win!"

Today I asked him had he changed his mind about his brother's for NYE. He texted me back that it was none of my concern. I texted back that it was my concern and that I was concerned and his failure to give me a straight answer concerned me further. I finished by confirming arrangements for him to have the kids for the weekend. And that's that. That's IT.

I decided not to engage further on the topic of NYE and the kids.

If any judge thinks that me putting my kids in the hands of an active drunk and drug user and going to a boozy party where drugs will be used is wrong, then I guess I'm wrong and I'll face the consequences.

On NYE my kids will be SAFE and know where they are sleeping.

I'm telling myself what Pelican said on another thread: "He is not doing these things TO YOU, but doing them for himself."
Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Let's see....keeping your children protected from active alcoholic behavior?

Do you have a legal visitation agreement yet? Mine states that our child is to be kept away from alcohol/alcohol activities while in the care of either parent.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep those text messages. You made the right decision.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

What a pity that he cant think or act like a parent or an adult for that matter.
Your kids are your concern! What a a $$.
He wont get it though as long as he is using.
You made the right call and only a knuckleheaded judge will think otherwise
Old 12-31-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh lulu!

You've most definitely done the right thing. I don't think anyone sane...or sober would say otherwise.

Sending you happy thoughts!