Thankyou. put yourself first

Old 12-30-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thankyou. put yourself first

I want to thank everyone for all the sharing, insightful advice, firm, harsh and kind words. SR has given me strength to work on my own recovery.

I have found i was renting to much space in my head, so much so that i am forgetting to take care of myself. basic things like forgetting to eat all day. not making it to the gym like i normally do. not being able to focus at work. losing track of time.

i found making a playlist of great music has helped to take that person out of my head enough to keep positive. a simple cup of coffee with a friend. some spicy hispanic food. a good movie. And a little time on SR.

"To be aware of one self is to be Awakened"

thankyou again
Old 12-30-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for the reminder contra.

xo
Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i found making a playlist of great music has helped to take that person out of my head enough to keep positive. a simple cup of coffee with a friend. some spicy hispanic food. a good movie. And a little time on SR.
Music is such an important tool for me. It can set my attitude for the day. I am particularly fond of Latin music, perhaps because my second home is in Central America. I turn my music on as I get ready for work in the morning.......and I dance......for the sheer joy of it. I dance as though no one is watching.....because no one is except my two deaf dogs. lol. They look at me as though I'm off my rocker.....I'm sure if they could just hear the music, they would understand better and might even join me. Oh well.

Perhaps others will come along and share the tools they use to get out of their heads and stay positive.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-31-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wonderful and upbeat post, contra. Happy New Year to you!