Notices

Living with Diabetic AH

Old 12-30-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Living with Diabetic AH

Of course, I ruined our Christmas vacation for reacting to him getting drunk in the afternoon. Of course, he went to a bar and proceeded to get plastered, so he was hungover the next day and didn't want to do anything. Again, my fault.

Friends and family know he has a problem, but they are never the target of his pain and anger. He saves that for me.

Im an enabler. It was my idea to build a bar in the house. My hopeless attempt to keep him off the road, but he still meets his buddies for drinks in the afternoon. You would think three car accidents would stop him from drinking and driving. I have to remind myself that he's not thinking anymore- he's believes he's invincible.

His health is deteriorating. His feet are over 50% black and blue, two insulin shots a day. He hides his health problems from me. He's so secretive and a very accomplished liar- mostly to himself.

We've been together 14 years and married for 11. We are no longer intimate. I began seeing a counselor 3 years ago. He didn't want to come.

I am not a victim. I'm financially independent and fully capable of supporting my lifestyle. We are roommates.

He is my best friend, and I am watching him kill himself slowly.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, I am sorry about you situation. You don't talk about you much just him. What about you? Is this what precious life is all about?

I only hope you could realize you deserve to be happy ;-)
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Here's a link to the friends and families forum for advice and experience

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR! :ghug3