Notices

hello I have a question

Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello I have a question

So after I had my child November 8 2008 my doctor has been prescribing me 10 MG percosets 4 — 6 times a day,.... I am really tired of taking them and they make Me nauseas, weak, and just plain sick,. I REALLY NEED TO GET OFF OF THEM.... DO YOU KNOW if I would be eligible for a sub clinic to get off???? After all it's been about 4 years on a High dose of opiates!! plz help!!!
thank u
Old 12-29-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would ask your dr why he is prescribing pain killers to you for four years. Tell him that you want to stop taking them and ask him to help you get off the drugs. That seems like the best place to start.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for your input,... so ya first it was from MY c—section pain
then it just drew on + on…
pains here and there (you know how it goes) I liked them at first so I kept it ongoing,..
I do have a herniated disk, Lyme disease and a few other painful ailments, but four years is a long time, right?????

I just want to stop and still have releif =[
Old 12-29-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This sounds like a pretty irresponsible doc. Is it just one Dr.? No doctor hands out 60MG percs per day for this and that.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you are right Ohio
every month I just call and refill, it's so easy!
and it got too easy... I liked them at first as with any addict
now I'm EXTREMELY uncomfortable and really want to stop
i BELEIVE the convience is more on his part!!!! he DEFINETLY ruined my life (by prescribing so thoughtlessly) but it was my fault for taking them too
I don't know if I am an addict by choice or by his will,...???
Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can't believe your doc just gives them to you, most doc's you have to be dying in front of them to get a tylenol lol, doesn't sound like he is on top of his game, I would find another doc, ASAP!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well its entirely possible that you are dependent and not actually an addict but if you say it ruined your life and you can't stop taking them sounds more like addict behavior. I know a few people who have had long term problems from surgeries that went through physical withdrawal (dependence) but when it came time to not take anymore they simply stopped had a bad week and never really thought about it again.

Me on the other hand....... not quite the same
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have had a few surgeries + long term pain problems, and Id like to stop it's the withdrawals I'm not looking forward to,. a few times I'd go a few days and get cramps in my stomach that had ME curled over vomiting,. I do have an addict mentality, but I know it's all mental...... do you know if I am qualified for subs??? I know my doctor will try and wean ME over the sub treatment (which for me and my dependence I know won't work))))
and I do need to change doctors - but to one who will help me get off the high dose percosets — and not charge Me 100-300.00 a visit

THAnk u all
this is a well supportive website
Old 12-29-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

it ruined my life by:
when I run out b4 the month is over, I'm out seeking suboxine
WHICH TOTALLY BLOWS
and def my frame of mind has been offset
Old 12-29-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So you are taking more than prescribed first off so more than 60mg a day? Addiction is addiction- you seem to be confused about what addiction is to begin with. There is the physical component in this case but also everything else that comes emotionally. You could go to rapid detox and be completely physically clean with no withdrawal in 24 hours but you will deal with intense cravings, depression, preoccupation, and things like that. Rapid detox is expensive though.

I don't think there's much difference between weaning off on one opiate or another its hard to get out of this totally comfortably.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome HeatherX -

You might want to check around for doctors that specialize in addiction and talk to them, get evaluated, etc., so that they can come up with the best plan to help you.

Glad you've joined us - the support here is great!:ghug3
Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I def know what addiction is it's not brain science && I take extra because it's been four years no change my tolerance has built alot
i don't know, just forget it
maybe I don't belong here
Old 12-30-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thank u
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey I wasn't trying to criticize you just was wondering the amounts being taken every day. It really isn't important though, 60mg a day is plenty for that amount of time to cause withdrawal and more = worse.

You really have to find a doctor who can help you with this- just a gut feeling but I don't know if the one handing out the pills is the best one to approach and if you are paying out of pocket might as well go to a different one. 300 bucks is like double what any doctor I have seen will charge out of pocket.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

it's ok I'm just a bit touchy and emotionlal I'm sure u know the feeling, I don't pay that much to see my doctor, he is free thru masshealth..... I was saying to go to a suboxine doctor would be around that much money ---- and I'm DEF GETTING A NEW DOCTOR,.asap!!!!! and one that will help, I tried to get off myself but I do need a clinic that's for sure!!!!!!!
I just don't know if I'm eligible to get them cuz I'm only on percosets,.. I don't think it matters tho???? confused
Old 12-30-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

AND I DO FOND MYSELF RUNNING low very low each month
four years—same dose made my tolerance very high
it's some Jedi mind tricks
BASICALLY I just needed to know if I was eligible for the clinic, I think I am,. and this reassurance I am asking is so I don't leave my doctor and end up suffering horribly for my consequences,.. (: thank u