New Years Eve Codie Party!!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

New Years Eve Codie Party!!

I am having my annual New Years Eve Codie Bash again this year. I will be sending out the password to enter for anyone who provides their favorite codie story. (if we can't laugh at ourselves....then we would cry a lot with embarrassment.)

There will be lots of fun to be had, live music for chicken dancing, doing the trance dance, and even the mambo.

P.S. Per "some" peoples request, clothing is optional. Will I ever stop trying to be a people pleaser?? ....sigh!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I will be here lol posting my story I am having serious hot flashes still so be sure too hand out blinders
Old 12-27-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I have so/too many to chose from. But my favorite is still the time many of you know about - the time I called my husbands buddy/dealer and threatened him. He then threatened me back. I was so full of adrenalin that I was beyond irrational. I told this "person" to come on over, the door was unlocked, we could sit down and have a drink and then I was going to put a bullet between his eyes. Best part, I don't even own a gun!

He later called my husband and told him I was nuts.

...and I still hadn't reached my bottom.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My favourite codie story is a classic here, but worth the telling again.

I had dental work done and on my way home I picked up Tylanol 3's and also my hormones, at the pharmacy. When I got home I hid the Tylanol 3's from my son.

He stole my hormones, thinking they were Tylanol 3's and when I noticed and confronted him he told me he had taken several before he realized they weren't working for him.

Furious (and hormonal) I told him he would grow breasts, that these were the same hormones they gave people who had sex change operations!

He believed me...and checked every day for a month.

It was my one moment of smug revenge, lol, and I have to admit I enjoyed it wayyyy too much.

Happy New Year Hugs

Old 12-27-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh Ann!

That is hysterical!! You're getting a VIP password.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok can't resist. This was several years ago....I'm not proud of this.....but it made perfect sense to me at the time..........holy wow.

My son was in jail. He demanded to be bailed out. I left home at 2:00am and found the bail window at the jail. They wanted $500....I said "do you prefer VISA or American Express". The lady at the window looked at me and said "we prefer CASH". Indignant I said "don't you know what time it is? An ATM is only going to give me $300 and the bank doesn't open for hours". That didn't go well......so I schloped around downtown, in the middle of the night looking for a bail bondsman....none to be found.

Later that day, after successfully getting his car out of impound....I decided to visit him in jail to let him know why I couldn't get him out the night before. I stood in line and patiently waited to speak with an official looking man. When it came my turn I advised him who I was there to see. He asks "and who might you be?" I replied "well I'm his mother". He said "you can't see him." I said " I just need to talk to him for a minute to let him know why I didn't bail him out last night". He said " you can't see him". I turned away from him, took two steps, then turned back around, walked back up to him and said " hello, I'm here to see so and so. I'm his attorney." The man said "wait a second lady...you just told me that you're his MOTHER."

And I said " well I changed my mind".

True (and pathetic) Codie story.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-27-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

(((kindeyes))) lol, another VIP password!!

Did he let you in??
Old 12-27-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Did he let you in??
What do you think?

As I recall.......he laughed at me.

And now I laugh at me........why? Because somewhere in my twisted little Codie brain.....that made sense and I thought it just might work to get me in.

Ugh......
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
What do you think?
I think you were a desperate mother who loves her son with all her heart. When we know better, we do better....until that day comes, we will try ANYTHING to save our loved ones.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

OMG those are the funniest stories. I sure can relate to Kindeyes and the jail story. Isn't it amazing what we would do for our addicts? God forbid he didn't get bailed out when he was suppose to.

You all know the story of how I called the Warden at San Quentin all the time right? Well, before I called I use to write. One time my son got in trouble during a visit with his girlfriend. I guess they touched (not suppose to have any contact) so they kicked her out. Of course he called me saying he wasn't doing anything wrong and they shouldn't have suspended her visit. He asked me to call the Warden and complain. I didn't think that would be proper so I wrote.

I didn't write one letter defending him, I wrote so many letters the Warden finally got a message to my son saying, "please tell your mother to stop writing" He said, "tell her I do not want to be her penpal!" How hateful was that. that's when I decided to call instead. There's more than one way to skin a cat!!

I actually used the chaplin as my messenger. If I wanted to tell my son something I would call the chaplin and tell him to get the message to my son. He did it!! Where there's a will there's a way right?

Mr.Dev always said, "don't ever hurt the boy, 'cause you'll have to deal with the mother!" Talk about a codie! I did everything but turn blue for him!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 12-28-2012, 01:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
I think you were a desperate mother who loves her son with all her heart. When we know better, we do better....until that day comes, we will try ANYTHING to save our loved ones.
Ahhhh yes...well I think it in the dictionary it says: codependent- a person who behaves like Kindeyes prior to her son's intervention and his first stint in an in patient facility where recovering addicts helped her begin HER journey in recovery. Synonyms: devastated, Ann, lovemenow, etc.

It is amazing the lengths we went through all because of our misguided concept of love. The saying goes...if you love them, let them go......NOT if you love them, bail them OUT! (But I think that one is in the Codependents Handbook, page 673).

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-28-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Kindeyes, I laughed when I read your clever comeback, lol, it's so typical of how far we will go to protect what is not ours to protect.

And Dev, you are the only mama I know who could boss around all of San Quentin, lol.

It is good we can laugh at ourselves today, at the insanity we called "love" and the crazy things we did.

I remember sleeping with my purse under my pillow...now that's just nuts! Instead of throwing the thief (my son) out of the house, I hid the valuables and thought I wasn't crazy. I was, truly and madly crazy. Thank goodness for my CoDA meetings and SR, and all of you other crazy people who helped me find my way.

Happy New Year to each one of you.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

so my Ex-AH was complaining about not having any money for food and if I could go to the bank and lend him 60 dollars... I said I am in the middle of cleaning and will be heading to the grocery store if you want to meet me there I will get you a few things until your check clears (what a joke!) So he meets me there and I make him shop while I shop I got him the few things he picked out and no sooner did we get to my car he asks if he can still borrow 40 dollars so he can get gas... GUESS WHAT THIS DING DONG DID!!!! GAVE HIM THE MONEY!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

All the talk of 1000-threadcount sheets and three-fold undies reminded me of how my sister once said that she needed nicer makeup for when she looked for jobs and stuff (natch!). She was in jail at the time, but did that phase me? No ma'am! I ordered it directly from MAC and had them ship it to her at the County Correctional Facility. Nice brushes and shadow palettes with matching liner and mascara - even a blush and mineralized skin finish! On the card I wrote a little tutorial on how to best apply all of the combinations of colors. I had to use text-speak to fit all of the instructions on the card within the character limitation. I remember being really worried that I wouldn't get all of the exact instructions right and would thus leave her with an improperly shadowed crease. An improperly shadowed crease! What would people say?!! Talk about avoiding the real issue, ha! To this day every time I place an order it asks if I want to send it to myself or to County Corrections.

I don't even know if she was allowed to have it. But damned if she wasn't going to be the prettiest peanut in the nut factory!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by interrupted View Post
I don't even know if she was allowed to have it. But damned if she wasn't going to be the prettiest peanut in the nut factory!

I am laughing because my son was always the well-groomed, best dressed street person around, thanks to my efforts to keep him clean and provided with clothes and toiletries.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

An improperly shadowed crease! What would people say?!!
I loved your story! Perfect!

Ummmm.....you can see my eye in my avatar.......is my shadowed crease ok? lol

Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad we can all laugh at ourselves and our own crazy behavior. There was a time when I would have found absolutely no humor in any of this.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I had many codie moments long before mine ever got to jail. AD was a great student in HS but was increasingly erratic near the end. Driving her to school one day, she leapt out of the car at a stop light an vanished. I couldn't find her so I decided to call her in as sick at the school so she wouldn't get in trouble -Of course she was already in terrible trouble but I was in denial. Anyway, I spoke to the attendance office explaining that she was too sick to be in school (sort of correct really) only to be told that she was already there and in class. I guess she had walked there after leaping from the car. I can't tell you how many times I tried to save her from herself.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I remember last year, on our anniversary my husband and I were separated at the time and he sent me an email (yes, an email) asking me to spend the day with him. It was the most nauseating letter I have ever read. He has always had a sweet, romantic side but this was way over the top. It was so insincere, like something out of Harlequin Romance novel. "let me stare into your beautiful eyes" lol Ugh, I wanted laugh and cry at the same time.

I responded and simply said "No, I am letting you go." To my surprise, he never responded back. Well, I was broken hearted all day, assuming he was too - only to find out later he was at the race track playing cards all day.

I was furious, so I came up a "brilliant" idea how to pay him back. I changed all his passwords on his accounts - email, banking account, phone bill, and on his computer. I assumed he would know I had done it. I foolishly thought this gave me power, and the upper hand as he would have to call me and humbly ask for the new passwords. I thought we could trade truth for truths. smh

The next day, after I had not heard from him, I called him and he was at the computer repair shop, completely "nuts" because he thought someone hacked into his computer. uhmmm, yeah dummy, it was me.

He was so mad and even madder when I said "oh sorry, did I kill you buzz?"

Ha, I taught him not to have a good day while I was home miserable. <<insert sarcasm>> I eventually learned to never sit home miserable again. He was NOT responsible for my happiness, I was. And if I wanted peace, I needed to stop creating drama.

But at the time, my bff and I had a few good laughs about it.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

When I was much younger and my kids were still small my 22 year old was not even born yet I had a neighbor that told me she had left her work uniform at a friends and she had to get it that she would get fired if she went to work without it. This was 1:00 am she had woke me up so I drive her to where the "uniform" is.

I sat in my car for 2 hours I was freaking out she had not returned I was certain someone had hurt her the place she had me take her to was one of the local projects here. I remember thinking OMG, I don't even know which apt. she was going in I started too call the police instead I drove to my moms and step-dads it is 3:00 am now.

I am banging on their front door woke them up and of course they thought something "terrible" had happened in the family due to the time.

I was in tears telling my step-dad about my friend and how she was surely hurt by someone he bust out laughing which made me cry harder how dare he laugh my friend is in trouble he said Angie, do you not know where you took her?

That angered me I said "of course I do I took her to get her uniform she has to work" then he started shaking his head he replied "no hon you took her to a crack house"

I told him how crazy "he" was that was impossible he got me in his car and we drove back to the project I can't even remember the girls name now but he asked some guy he saw if he knew where she was and hes aid oh yeah she is in so and so's house passed out.

That is the most codie thing I have done for someone not related.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I would love to, however, I will not be around. I am again going to help out
the Sheriff's Department, and do the paperwork at one of their Sobriety check
points on New Years Eve. lol

I did it for years, then got sick and couldn't and last New Years was the first
time in 7 years, so yup am doing it again this year.

I just love the 'irony' of this, roflmao here is this drunk of many years, albeit
sober for many years, working a DUI checkpoint, lol

so y'all have FUN and so will I!

Love and hugs,