Notices

Season of Hope!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Season of Hope!

Well this Christmas was the first time in years i have been home and sober by my own will. I must admit i was a bit worried and scared, but the thoughts or craving never came. I have managed to work through this holiday season with a clear mind. This year i bought cards and sent presents and actually stayed at home and cooked a meal with my family. Its a new life. Totally new, my husband and stepdaughter were not in my life then, but they both know about my recovery and support me fully... I think it is amazing how this 14 year old girl just accepted me so well and is truly trying to help me through all of this. Its awesome. I feel at home with them, i feel safe, i feel like i can manage any type of crisis that comes about to try and detour me. I enjoy my meeting and this forum. I honestly do not know what i would do without aa and all of you. I hope all of you had a very merry Christmas and a happy sober new years...
Old 12-26-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile looking for help please

Hello everyone, Hope you all av had a lovely christmas, mine as been very hard ive managed to keep my self clean and sober and but i have had to walk away from my partner who is in recovery to he as relapse very bad and i have put my recovery down trying to fix him and now i have suffered im at a bad place at the moment and looking to get back on track and meet new friends. Hope to here from you all soon take care keep safe and all the best for 2013 xx
Old 12-26-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by me01 View Post
Hello everyone, Hope you all av had a lovely christmas, mine as been very hard ive managed to keep my self clean and sober and but i have had to walk away from my partner who is in recovery to he as relapse very bad and i have put my recovery down trying to fix him and now i have suffered im at a bad place at the moment and looking to get back on track and meet new friends. Hope to here from you all soon take care keep safe and all the best for 2013 xx
Hello there, i understand where you are coming from. I was in your shoes not to long ago, i am here if you would like to chat, i will send you my personal email address to your SR inbox, keep strong, it gets better and you are doing the right thing by reaching out.... I do it alot too. :ghug3
Old 12-26-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

totalchange that is wonderful to hear. I'm sure you're proud of yourself for that huge accomplishment. Glad to have you with us!

me01 - I'm sorry you've had a difficult time of it. You're so smart to focus on your own recovery - but I know how hard it is when you have to leave someone behind. We all understand how you feel.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much every 1 it really does mean the world to me that im not on my own and im here for you all if i can help take care stay strong x
Old 12-26-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

what does every do without drink and drugs that is some thing i'm finding really hard x
Old 12-26-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by me01 View Post
what does every do without drink and drugs that is some thing i'm finding really hard x
Lots of reading, exercise, hot chocolate/tea, games with the kids, time on SR.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Me01 - We really do have to learn to live in a whole new way. It does feel strange at first - I remember my first sober holiday season. I was very emotional & sorry for myself. I knew I was doing the right thing, but it took some getting used to. In time, you'll find things to replace the hours spent drinking/drugging. We promise it does get better.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Totalchange - I hope you're still doing well.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Me01 - We really do have to learn to live in a whole new way. It does feel strange at first - I remember my first sober holiday season. I was very emotional & sorry for myself. I knew I was doing the right thing, but it took some getting used to. In time, you'll find things to replace the hours spent drinking/drugging. We promise it does get better.
This is my first holiday home with friends and family sober, and it is tough but when you get through the day it gives you a wonderful feeling inside that you have gotten through another day soberly. Its been 15 years since i spent a holiday sober and i must say that this was one of the hardest but by for the best one...
Old 12-27-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great news! Yes, it is hard to face that first holiday season without falling back on those old habits. You've done a wonderful thing by making it through sober.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Totalchange - I hope you're still doing well.
I am! A big thanks to everyone here. Thanks you tooo alot.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Things jst seem to getting from bad to worse help

Hello every 1 how r u all today clean and sober i hope Things jst seem to getting from bad to worse got to phone calls today what i have been praying i will never get that my ex boyfriend as tried to take his own life, he is ok tho and in hospital think that is the best place for him at the min, I have been told to cut away from him and jst look after my own recovery do u all think i should jst walk away from him?????? it is so hard to walk away and not care coz i love him so much. PLEASE CAN SOME 1 HELP!!!!!!!! XXXXX
Old 12-27-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello how r u all today clean and sober i hope Things jst seem to getting from bad to worse got to phone calls today what i have been praying i will never get that my ex boyfriend as tried to take his own life, he is ok tho and in hospital think that is the best place for him at the min, I have been told to cut away from him and jst look after my own recovery do u all think i should jst walk away from him?????? it is so hard to walk away and not care coz i love him so much XX