Notices

Please

Old 12-25-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please

Please help and encourage me not to drink tonight. Made it almost 4 months now back to square one again. Hate this dirty disgusting feeling. It feels like I will never escape this.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I spent a lot of time on SR in the early days NewHouse - you could do worse than that.

I don't remember if you're an AA person or not, but even if you're not going to a meeting would not be a bad idea either - just to be around sober people.

Can you make sure your house is booze free?

D
Old 12-25-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't drink...You don't need it....Won't make anything better...Just don't do it....
Old 12-25-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you been drinking already NewHouse? Can you chuck out what you have and start again. You can make this a minor blip, it doesn't have to set you back x
Old 12-25-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

NewHouse, be strong and stay sober today! You can do it and you will feel so much better for abstaining come tomorrow morning! You did the right thing coming here for support. :ghug3

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

the idea that a 'slip up' means you're back to square one is in my opinion a very counterproductive way to look at it. I am a guitarist. When I am learning a new pink floyd song or something, and get to the end and play a wrong chord, I don't say I'm back to square one of not knowing the song at all. I'm happy with the progress I've made and I try again, and sooner or later, I'm playing it like a pro. Stay positive, and don't beat yourself up!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks alot you guys for the support. It's amazing how awesome each and everyone of you are. You totally get it.
Gotta make the house booze free but its like-hey there is just a little left to get me thru tonight then I will not have any in the house.
That stupid rationalizing. And man, gotta go thru the whole detox thing which is a hurting pain.
I can say I have been sober for half the year which is good. I have made good progress so Im not totally devastated. Its just all so stupid, this obsession. Totally not worth it. Like opening pandoras box. Yes. Pandoras Bottle. Man.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Newhouse, Im a newbie here so dont have much experience to offer you but I think you know how carrying on with a relapse will make you feel. Can you pour away any alcohol you have, try to eat something and drink a lot of water? I know how hard it would be. Ive only been on here a short while but have been reading countless posts which are helping so much.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Made my mind up. Will start over tonight. Have not drank a drop today and will not. Screw this obsession. I'm over it. Cheers to sobriety.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you Newhouse! Ive had problems starting sobriety and then bingeing but I just HAVE to believe I can and will stay sober, FOREVER!! So Ive decided to say s***w booze Im done with you!!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good job, NewHouse. If you hate the disgusting feeling, as you put it - you won't allow yourself to go back there. I finally had enough after drinking for 30 years. I was a slow learner, but I finally get it. I can't touch the stuff - not a drop.

Glad you are ready to continue your journey. You can do it.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Feeling like you will never escape is very different than knowing you will never escape.

Feelings pass... You will escape as sure as I am I will as well.. In fact I have now for 16 days... With today being the toughest. But the alternative... Well we know what that is huh?

Don't drink tonight. It's worth it!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AA member

That is good news newhouse.If you atay away from the first drink you will be OK,.

It would be a good idea to tip what you have in the house out.

Wishing you well.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and selfpity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us—sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewHouse2012 View Post
Please help and encourage me not to drink tonight. Made it almost 4 months now back to square one again. Hate this dirty disgusting feeling. It feels like I will never escape this.
You can do this, think about how you feel right now, and gift yourself a Christmas present by not picking up a drink tonight. I am currently at my inlaws, the kids and I are the only ones without alcohol.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by NewHouse2012
Hate this dirty disgusting feeling.
NH...that feeling. Yes I know it. So gross. So vile. Defies description.

It has been some years since I was a drinker. I have experienced and dealt with many feelings, some very very difficult...almost crippling feelings. But I can tell you this with certainty...I have not ever again experienced that dirty disgusting feeling. You can be free. You can do this. Hang in and hang on. It gets easier.