Notices

mini vent

Old 12-24-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mini vent

After my 18 days of not drinking I still haven't made it thru a weekend. After "being good" and only having four on Thursday. All night fri and morning to night on sat. Hungover all day Sunday. I'm telling myself not tonight..I know I'll feel good waking up without a hangover on Christmas day, but damn this sucks all the adults but one are drinking tonight
Lots of wine and beer here. I know though that it won't be one or two glasses of wine or two cans of beer. I'll be wanting to keep the party going. I could keep it together in front of the family but it would be a real mental battle to stop.

Sorry for the long post. Guess just feeling a bit sorry that my brain and body processes alcohol different. And yes its a choice to drink or not and there are worse things then not been jg able to drink safely..but times like this it really sucks
Old 12-24-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

maybe a little more support is the answer brdlvr?
it is a challenge to stay sober amongst drinkers, I'll agree - especially in the early days.

maybe you need more sober friends and influences?

D
Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You probably won't believe me Brdlvr, but eventually it will bother you less, if at all. I still get the odd pangs of 'why me' but I haven't be out and jealous of people drinking for a long time. It has got progressively better.

Are you planning on drinking tomorrow? I found the whole battle of whether I would drink or not very tiring, I always did but I usually managed to last it out for a bit... sheer bloody mindedness. Until I decided to quit and not drink no matter what. It was very freeing in the end.

Merry Xmas anyway x
Old 12-24-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I made it thru the get together. Home safe sound and sober. No doubt my dog is happy about that. Merry Christmas to everyone where ever you are on your sobriety journey
Old 12-24-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

yes it is always harder in the beginning. But like others have said it really does get easier. I couldn't get thru 2 weeks without drinking least of all making it to 5 months. But here I am! You can do it too.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you.

Merry Christmas. Start thinking about how you can continue your sobriety into the new year.

Love
CaiHong