Merry Christmas and Happier New Years

Old 12-23-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas and Happier New Years

My Dear Friends:

I have not forgotten any of you, but I am so busy with my new child (great-grandchild) It's difficult to find time to do anything anymore, except homework. LOL Kindergarten and homework, what's that all about??

Anyway, my son is still clean, thank you Lord, he has never been happier in his life (so he says) he has a wonderful wife, and they are perfect for each other.

I never thought the day would come. It only took 35 years, that was fast huh? Each morning I wake up and the first thing in my head is all is well with him. It is a wonderful feeling. We're very proud of him once again.

Now what I want you all to do is NEVER, NEVER, give up! I don't say coddle them, or be a co-dependent, just tell them you love them as many times as you can. You love them, but cannot help them because they have to do that on their own.

Once again I want to thank all my wonderful friends here that were always there with good advice and allowed me to cry and vent and laugh all at the same time.

I pray you all have a wonderful holiday and always remember "it will happen, it may not be in your time frame, but it will happen. Keep the faith! I am living proof that it can and will get better.

Hugs and kisses,
Devastated
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Dev)) - OMG, it is SOOOO good to hear from you!! Just wait until little-miss-devastated gets into grammar school...OMG, I couldn't BELIEVE the homework my nieces had! It seriously made my head hurt!!

On a good note, my niece...who I've worried over (has addiction in every gene..both sides of her family..actually my step-niece, but by heart, she's MINE) has, in the last year gotten pregnant, got married and gave birth to a BEAUTIFUL baby girl! I was just down to visit them, and can't believe how GREAT we get along!

Niece now "gets" why I wanted so much for her, as she wants the same for her daughter. I get to spoil the baby (almost 2 mos. old) then leave However, if she needs a babysitter? CALL ME!

This same kid has been a thorn in my side for years. She likes to drink (and get stupid) and smoke her weed. Once she got preggo? All that was nil. She's even breastfeeding!

There is hope for our A's and "wanna-be-A's-who-think-they-will-never-become-As" I applied all the codie-recovery stuff with her, and though she HATED it at the time? I do believe it had an impact.

I wish you, ((Mr. Dev)) and your sweet little ((Sunshine))) the very merriest of Christmas. I admire you and ((Mr. Dev)) for taking little one under your umbrella, but have total faith that it's the best place for her. I'm also tickled pink (compared to jailhouse stripes!!) that your son is doing great

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

So happy for you, your adorable little girl and the whole Dev family. It always so nice to read a happy story!

Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year. May it be the best year yet.

God Bless,

LMN
Old 12-23-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Homework? In kindergarten? Really?

Gad to know things are going well. Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-23-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi friends

So happy to hear back from you.

Impurrfect, isn't it just amazing that one day poof things actually fall into place! I'm so happy for you and your niece. Isn't it wonderful that all of a sudden they really get it??

Babysit? Geeze wish you were here!! Actually, my son and his wife take our baby once in a while so we can get away for a few hours.

Did I tell you all how good God has been to my son? Do you know his child support ended up totaling 120,000 because of all the time he was incarcerated. No chance to ever catch up. Those times when he was in jail/prison, mostly prison, he would write child support and tell them where he was and why he couldn't pay. Well, he finally addressed the problem and faced them. They checked his file and saw that he had, indeed, written letters for years. They turned him over to a supervisor that got the entire amount forgiven. On his credit bureau it says "account paid in full!" Do you believe that? Now his credit is pristine! All debts paid and actually has a credit card and a checking account. He even carries car insurance now. He and the wife just finished remodeling an old victorian home in San Francisco and made some good money.

Just have to tell you one funny thing. He did ask to borrow Mr. Dev's truck a couple of months ago. The dialog went like this...."Uh Pops, could I borrow your truck?" Then when Mr.Dev didn't respond right away, son said "don't worry I promise I won't sell it this time!" OMG, can't believe he does remember all that he did! Sold Mr. Dev's truck to drug dealers then called us and told us where it was. Mr. Dev didn't wait for the cops instead we jumped in the car and went to get it. Mind you, it was a terrible neighborhood and there is Mr. Dev telling the drug dealer to unlock the gate and give him the truck! The guy said, "Ah man I was going to help my friend move today!" Thank God the police drove by at that moment and pulled Mr. Dev off the fence! LOL They told us we should never take matters in our own hands. Try and tell an irate Italian that! Anyway, he did borrow the truck and no only did he bring it back in one piece he washed it and filled it with gas! WOW!

Kindeyes, yes homework! Did I tell you that two weeks into the school year I pulled the little darling out of the kindergarten class because the teacher was a real jerk. Can you believe she tried to actually intimidate me?? What a joke!

Anyway, Love you all thanks for all the kinds words. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 12-24-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am happy that things are going well I remember the truck story isn't it great he showed responsibility when he used it this time what a difference. I am happy for your family,

I also was amazed at the homework kindergarten has lol at the teacher she had no clue who she was trying to intimidate, Merry Christmas to you and Mr. Dev, and the rest of the family and a continued good New Year.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Merry Christmas dear Dev, and I wish you the happiest of new year blessings.

It's amazing how much we grow and change over the years...and I really DO hope Mr. Dev is not hopping fences at drug dealers anymore, oh lordy that made me chuckle because I too did really stupid dangerous things, not because I was brave but because I WAS stupid...and codependent.

I am so happy that your son has found a better path, he sounds well on his way and I know how very hard and very long he tried. Prison helped him, I think, I remember the work details he had from there and it's good that such a place can actually help someone turn their life around....even if the mama has the warden on speed dial.

Please give your son, your darling great granddaughter, and Mr. Dev, a big huge hug from the foxy lady of the north. I have grown to love them like family over the years.

And have a big hug for yourself. too.

One day, when I can talk Mr. Ann into driving over to the other coast, I will come visit and meet you in person. After all we have been through together, after all the miles we have shared on our journey, it is only right that we meet and let Mr. Dev cook us a fine Italian dinner.

Merry Christmas dear friend, and God Bless you all...oh, lordy, I sound like Tiny Tim here.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Merry Xmas to you Ann and Mr. Ann as well.

Oh, how I remember you going to that crack house. What crazy things we codependents do. It is nice to know that when our kids clean up, they really do remember and take responsibility for what they put us through. My son has mentioned quite a few things that he did and has said how sorry he was.

I will never forget you, Ann. You pulled me out of a state of depression that, if continued much longer, I might never have survived. Isn't it strange how our HP works, and how He brings people in our lives that help us.

For anyone out there that doesn't believe, remember the words of Ann. She said "I promise you it will get better!" It did, not just now that he is clean, but even when he was at his lowest point. I began to face the fact that this was out of my control and that my HP was in charge. Please, please, keep the faith and never give up. Take care of yourself first because if you are not healthy, you cannot help anyone.

I will wait for you and Mr. Ann every night and day for the rest of my life. I will keep the light on and the food hot. Don't tease me now! You promised. Besides you're younger than me so I expect you to make the trip. LOL

Hi Crazybabe, right can you believe this teacher, and the principal trying to tell me I can't take my baby out of a bad situation!! I have to laugh at them. If they only knew how I took on the warden at San Quentin, and how many times I called the chaplin to get messages to my son, they would not even try to intimidate me! OMG, what a laugh.

Now the child is so happy and doing so well. I have to tell you, even if this is one of my long, long, posts. This is hysterical. So I drop the child off to school, it takes me a half hour to get home. Soon as I step in the door the phone is ringing. Yep, school. Come back the child is sick and in the office. WHAT!!! I go back and find her sitting in the office with a garbage can in front of her. I ask, "what's the problem darling?" She looks at me and says,
"Nana, I hate school and I am so sick I am going to throw up!" OMG, darling, I said, "what does that mean?" She has never thrown up!! She looks at me with those big blue eyes and she says, "I don't know Nana, but your mouth gets all puffed up!" Yep, just as I thought time to visit the principal and get her out of that class!

Had to share that. SHe is so funny, and has such a cute personality. She is just beautiful. I do remind her every minute that I'm cuter! LOL

Hugs and kisses to you all and remember "YOU FIRST!"

Devastated
Old 12-25-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I will never forget you, Ann. You pulled me out of a state of depression that, if continued much longer, I might never have survived. Isn't it strange how our HP works, and how He brings people in our lives that help us.
Dang it Dev, you brought tears and really messed with my perfectly applied mascara till I look like Tammy Baker gone wrong...but this is not a tribute to me, but to all those who went before me and hung on to my hand while I was sinking too. I passed it on, you pass it on too and that's how this program works, one codie helping another.

I am really hoping one day to make it west to see my dear friend Dev...and I promise not to move in and mooch until you throw me out, lol, but to share a sweet tea on your porch and laugh at old times until we hurt, the good hurt that comes from laughing. Mr. Ann can sit inside with Mr. Dev and they can laugh at us and how they got mixed up with two crazy ladies. And then they can take us shopping to make up for laughing at us.

Love you, dear Dev, hugs to the Dev Clan.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That sure sounds like fun, Ann. Shopping? Here? Don't think so unless you like K-Mart! It's really sad we lived in Walnut Creek for 35 years where they have everything, and it was all just 10 minutes away. Now I have to travel one and half hours to get to a real shopping center! I love it here because it is quiet and really beautiful, but OMG shopping kills me.

It has gotten really bad now because I find myself saying, "isn't this darling?" And I'm at Kmart. Scary huh?

You know, Ann, I never did ever tell Mr. Dev about being on this forum. Tell you why. Remember when I was going to join Weight Watchers and he got hysterical because he thought it was a cult? LOL He is so "old country" but so funny!

Tonight my son and his wife and her chuildren came over for Xmas dinner. He gave Mr. Dev a new drill with all the bits, and he was so proud. When he left Mr. Dev had tears in his eyes and said "wow, what a difference!"

I still take it one day at a time, pray each day that this will last forever. He has never been happier in his life. They are so happy together.

I remember when he said, "Mom, I met a girl and I want to bring her to meet you and Pops." I said, "no thanks, don't want to meet any more of your girl friends." I flat refused for weeks. Then he said, "Mom, you're going to like this one, she's Italian!" To which I replied, "well, why didn't you say that before!" LOL Met her, and loved her immediately. Nice, nice, girl. She has been in recovery for 15 years. She was addicted to pills. She had donated 90% of her liver to her Dad and got addicted to the pain pills later on.

They met at a recovery meeting. She said, he was cooking and she spotted him in the kitchen. She said, "do you know what I liked about him right away?" I said, NOPE! She said, his manners! Can you believe that? She said he was such a gentleman and so different from others. Nice to know they do remember what they were taught even if they stuffed them away for so many years.

Anyway, Ann, make that trip soon....we'll be waiting for you. I'll borrow my son's linens with the 1000 thread count, ok? OMG, I laugh every time I think of that letter!!

Hope you had a great Holiday.

Kisses and hugs, Dev
Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Happy New Year Dev.

I saw this today and thought of you...and me...and all us "mature" girlfriends...

Last edited by Ann; 02-08-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If you're waiting for me you're wasting time! I'm on my way already. LOL

How was your Xmas? The usual, boring diamonds and furs? I wish Mr. Dev would get something different. Boring, more diamonds and furs, right?

Hugs, Dev
Old 12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OMG, ANN, THIS IS HYSTERICAL. I DIDN'T SEE THE PICTURE OF US ON THE BENCH, I SAW THE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE SERENE DRUG REHAB PLACE, AND THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE FUN! JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU HOW MUCH I NEED A REST!

I love that photo of us!

Hugs again, Bonnie
Old 12-27-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My Christmas was wonderful, walked the beach on a perfect day and celebrated with other vacationers here.

Diamonds and furs? My gift must have been sent to you by mistake!!

Glad you liked the picture, lol, I know nothing of rehab pics.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((Dev)) - I DO think we need another picture of little-miss-sunshine to start our new year off right

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Ann:

Ok, going to try and send a photo of my ggd. She is getting so tall, and very pretty, not as pretty as me though.

Here goes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_0298 (800x600).jpg (46.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-27-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

What a beauty!! She MUST get it from you (and handsome Mr. Dev!!)

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-27-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Dev, she is soooo adorable!!!!!! What a blessing for you, Mr Dev.....and her!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

She's beautiful, Dev, and yes she is growing far too quickly.

Mr. Dev is as handsome as ever too. A man who cooks...who could want more?

Happy New Year dear Dev. May this coming year bring you more blessings...and high thread count sheets.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Dev?? The codie in my is all worried about her now. Please tell me she doesn't have creases in her panties. Maybe your son could give you some lessons on how to do a proper 3-fold. lol