Notices

So Far

Old 12-22-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile So Far

Hi, I joined this forum about a month ago. I have relapsed a couple of times since then but have never once thought of backing down on my commitment to stop drinking.

My biggest problem is that I would drink whenever I had free time....as we all know it is a quick and easy way to relax and have fun after work and on weekends.....and because of this, now that I have quit, I don't know what to do with my self! Especially during the holidays.. I constantly have this knot in my stomach, it's very uncomfortable. I feel like I'm going to explode or start screaming or something lol.

Keeping a journal has helped SO much during the last few days. It keeps my goals in the front and center and when the urges come I just type them out...describing them to myself...This kind of slows everything down, and sort of gives me time to rally myself. If you haven't tried this before I recommend you give it go, it may work for you to

Like most here I have also been spending A LOT of time lurking in here, reading all the challenges the other newbies are going through and all the great advice from the vets.... Very inspiring for me.

I have more to say but will save it for other posts.

Merry Christmas

Chris