Notices

Quitting 01/01/2013

Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quitting 01/01/2013

Hello.

I'm gearing up for my "quit date": January 1, 2013 - Me and thousands of others LOL. Anyone here want to join me so we can support one another?

By quit date, I mean I am quitting drinking alcohol.

Spending the time between now and then thinking about why I want to stop and hopefully tapering a wee bit to make it less of a shock on Jan 1.

Putting a lot of faith and hope in a brand new year. Will try to document what I go through. Have been drinking too much for a long, long time.

xo
Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2013 View Post
Hello.

I'm gearing up for my "quit date": January 1, 2013 - Me and thousands of others LOL. Anyone here want to join me so we can support one another?

By quit date, I mean I am quitting drinking alcohol.

Spending the time between now and then thinking about why I want to stop and hopefully tapering a wee bit to make it less of a shock on Jan 1.

Putting a lot of faith and hope in a brand new year. Will try to document what I go through. Have been drinking too much for a long, long time.

xo
Well that's great, preparations are really good;strong conviction is better.
Remember you have about a week to go to Jan 1 so make sure you are in good shape for 2013.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi 2013

I'm not trying to annoy you, but why put off what really is is a fantastic change?
I know it's scary, but...why wait til 1/1?

D
Old 12-23-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Murchovski. it would be great to stop right now but I don't want to set myself up to fail. I have a few functions to attend and the temptations and triggers at this time of year are too much for me. I don't drink so much as to pass out, but getting through some of these family functions while going through detox over Christmas -well, it would be super hard. I know drinking is affecting my health and wish to stop. Once New Year's Eve is over, the atmosphere for early sobriety is a lot better, for me at least. I need to fortify myself with as many positive, supportive tools as I can and avoiding triggers early on is a big one!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This could work out very well. Many who have excellent reasons to quit and have tried for many years without success also are firmly decided that after new years everything will be different.

It's the reason why so many alcoholics have beginning sobriety dates in March and April. It's often their very last run at the old firm decision to quit forever that convinces them to look seriously for a solution to their drinking problem.

So, the NYE thing can work out very well in the long run, for the sharper than average ones.