Notices

Whooo! Almost day 90!

Old 12-22-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whooo! Almost day 90!

I'm on day 88 of my recovery and I am doing better than ever, I have been diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder and i am on depakote and saphris to control the symptoms, I am also on prozac too for depression. Right now I am on a day pass from the treatment facility I am at and just wanted to check in with the sober recovery community and get any tips from people with longer periods of sobriety than I. If you have any helpful advice it would be accepted.

Ex-
Old 12-22-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations Ex. I'm just a new and have hit a week today so sorry no advice except to say you are a source of inspiration...keep it up.

Andrew
Old 12-22-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will, my help so far came from my Higher Power, jail, and the rehab I was forced into which all I am grateful for.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Whoooo on 88

I cant celebrate something that involves tomorrow's for they never come.. Just today..
Old 12-22-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Extrochris
congratulations!

as far as tips sounds to me like you're doing well so far - how long til you leave the treatment facility for good?

D
Old 12-22-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done Chris! x
Old 12-22-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done friend!

Those are great numbers you got there!

My advice would be just keep going and find other activities whenever you are tempted. Any moment you get a craving - try and run it off, walk it off, eat it off, even sleep it off if you have to. It is simply a craving that will last a short burst of time and you can soon be over it.

I have 315 days and can hardly believe it.
I keep counting because I am proud of myself. You should too, keep counting and keep being proud that is!

Your enthusiasm, happiness and positivity really shines through in your post. I hope you keep coming here and posting and giving advice too.

Good luck xx
Old 12-22-2012, 11:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 Days

I will have six months on Jan 1st. You have to keep your eye on the prize. Sobriety!! You really feel better and better so keep it up.... Remember when we were kids and we had all these hopes and dreams before reality seemed to snuffed them out. Actually its because our brains worked correctly because we were sober all the time. You will find those hopes and dreams are still there. Pursue them because fulfillment trumps all. As long as you stay sober your hopes and dreams can come true...